New to Android

swsmpbaby985

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi all...I'm new to Android just upgraded to the Inspire 4G , long time iPhone user...I've got a few questions about my device.

1. How to add my music to my device, I'm familiar with Apple's way but not that of Android.

2. I've had a few paid apps on my iPhone 4 that I used regularly, such as Fruit Ninja, Navigon mobile navigator as well as Pageonce. Is there any way to get those apps back onto the Inspire, or do I have to re-purchase all of those apps?

3. In regards to Navigon....it is my understanding that Google maps has free turn by turn directions....is that the case with the the Inspire?

4. Being new to Android I'm not as familiar with all the software versions available out there, what is the current software version for the Inspire, and how can I check to see if I have the current version?

Thanks all

pilsbury

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
In regards to your first question, you will need to put all of your itunes library into a folder on your pc, get a good media card, I think mine came with an 8GB, but I put a 16 GB in it, then drag the folder of music into the media card on your Inspire.

You will have to re-purchase the apps, but the android market has its own free version of Fruit ninja called Fruit Slice, same thing.

Google maps should be installed already on your Inspire, and it works well.

2.2 is probably on your device now, we are waiting for the 2.3 update.

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site
In regards to your first question, you will need to put all of your itunes library into a folder on your pc, get a good media card, I think mine came with an 8GB, but I put a 16 GB in it, then drag the folder of music into the media card on your Inspire.

While I cant stand itunes and transfer all my music over wifi or through the microUSB cable from my carefully organized folder structure on my pc, there is are several app process that can be used, here is one:
How To: Sync iTunes with Android - Android Forums

Avast, Im a fossil from the days of napster now on usenet for the last 8 years. I have carefully loaded my mp3s over the last decade+ in my own meaningful File/Folder structure since before anyone bothered with id3 tags. I have always hated itunes and their irritating sync process.

Chokem's process is succinct and to point, but I use Music Folder Player Free, to do folder view of all my music. The stock music app and most other music apps use id3 tags and they make a complete hash of my files. (Nobody apparently supports cue files, but that is for another forum)

and how can I check to see if I have the current version?

Menu/Settings/About phone/Software information

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty