hot spot alerts

nikeinajar

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi, new here. have a question about the at&t hot spot alert, its a little orange circle with a wifi symbol in it that pops up and tells me to turn on my hot spot... But I don't want to use it. This comes up more and more frequently, it has become really annoying I want to know how to turn it off so it doesn't keep asking me to turn it on, my gf who has the same phone has never gotten this alert.

Thanks in advance.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you have it turned off in the main settings menu under Wireless and networks?

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

The Architect

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I have been seeing the same thing. I thought it was when I connected to an AT&T wi-fi hotspot at B&N... but then I got it at home (no where near one). I click on the alert in the drop down and nothing happens.

Any advice or explanation would be appreciated. Thanks.

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue, after I connect to a ATT hotspot the notification comes up. I just clear it and then it is gone (sometimes I need to clear it twice). It is a minor issue.

nikeinajar

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
It's off, when I go:
setting>wireless & networks
it is unchecked.

I have never connected a hot spot or ever turned it on, I just want it to stop asking me to turn it on.. I hate that I keep getting an alert for something that I have never used nor want to use..

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
It's off, when I go:
setting>wireless & networks
it is unchecked.

I have never connected a hot spot or ever turned it on, I just want it to stop asking me to turn it on.. I hate that I keep getting an alert for something that I have never used nor want to use..

Did you try clearing cache and data for AT&T Hotspots in the main settings menu under manage applications?

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

sharksfan7

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi, new here. have a question about the at&t hot spot alert, its a little orange circle with a wifi symbol in it that pops up and tells me to turn on my hot spot... But I don't want to use it. This comes up more and more frequently, it has become really annoying I want to know how to turn it off so it doesn't keep asking me to turn it on, my gf who has the same phone has never gotten this alert.

Thanks in advance.

I may be mistaken, but the way I'm reading your original post makes me think you are misinterpreting what that notification is. I don't think it's telling you to turn on your hot spot. It's notifying you that you are in range of, and may automatically be connected to, a free AT&T WiFi hotspot, like those offered in Starbucks or other stores. I think the issue is that when you are out of range of that hotspot and are disconnected, the notification remains until you clear it.

If this is what's happening, there are a couple of things you can do. First, turn off wifi when you're outside of the area covered by your own router. There are even apps that can do this automatically for you. Secondly, go to Settings>Wireless & networks>Wi-Fi Settings and untick Network notification. This should stop the notification from popping up.

If the notification you're getting really is asking you to turn on your WiFi hotspot app, then my suggestions probably won't do anything. I've never seen any notification to do that and I don't see any settings in the hotspot app to control that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch