HTC Inspire won't power on at all

joe2kps

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
My HTC Inspire, just mysteriously quit working. It powered itself off overnight and even though I have purchased a new battery and replaced it, it still will not power on. I need to somehow try to get it to reboot so I can atleast get to my contacts, etc. Can anyone help me? I'm not that phone savy, but I'm very good at following directions.

mrgrave

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok I thought I share this. There is nothing that mysteriously happens in electronics unless it is a Software which can cause weird behaviors. For this specific issue as it turned out only re-seating the battery was needed.

The battery is located in a lateral compartment that can be easily accessed, I can only speculate but I'd say that a bad contact is very easy to happen if the battery is not properly seated inside this compartment.

I was also puzzled and as I am not intimidated to lobotomized things, I begun, but when I re-seated the battery, had a hunch and tried turning on the phone again, VOILA! It still works! No technician needed for that test!

The condition is weird and deceiving since it is ON/OFF electric function one would think, anyways, these are my two cents, try and you may get lucky as I did. :D

Eddie Chou

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
This does not address or even suggest a solution.
Reseated the battery too many times. There's nothing to "reseat" but that fiction about reseating. The battery fits tightly and there's no room for movement. All that can be done is to take the battery out and put it back in. That reseats nothing.

Eddie Chou

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Please. Been through a lot of forums looking for an answer to this. Please post ANSWER, not idle banter.
Tried many methods. Traded out batteries, cables, chargers, pushed all the buttons, and still the thing won't power up or charge. When i took it to a store, they put in a battery, and the machine started once but it would not reboot - result same, dead, no response to buttons and won't charge. Couldn't afford any more money on iffy technology. Phone has not responded since.
Phone is HTC Inspire - This question is about THIS phone. Unless you have specifically one of these your comment will not be relative - Lets keep it relative - This is a unique model of HTC product - Possibly helped it be discontinued fast.
This is not an isolated problem but seems to exist in this fashion only on this phone. The phone cannot be reflashed as it sits because will not load and/or be recognized by, PC. The driver will not load. This HAS worked before. It will not mount the SD card either. It now does nothing, no matter what button combination is pushed.
Using HTC's latest softwares from them. No extras whatsoever! Very little personalization. Have added no apps - NOTHING! The stuff supplied from HTC is Android 2.3.5, HTC Sense 3, and it's on at&t when it works.
Read my lips - The thing will not start. It is not recognized by PC. There is nothing to work with.
Need solution or phone is trash. Already way over budget.

droidsonly

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Eddie, I know this won't help but I have had the same problem with my phone lately. It has been powering off on it's own and then when I power it back on it askes me to send a message to HTC, if I could send what I was thinking I would... I've also tried to hook up to HTC Sync and it doesn't want to sync any of my stuff. Yesterday it wouldn't start at all. I'd push the power button and it would flash the first HTC white screen and then just power off, tried taking the battery out, giving it 10 minutes and replacing it and it still wouldn't power up. I found your thread and tried what bduran727 offered and it worked. You have to hold the power button down until your finger hurts. We'll see how long it lasts.

The reason I'm putting this out here is so that you know it's happened to someone else. I've been having problems with my phone within the last month or so and have been up to ATT to talk with them about it but no one seems to have any ideas.

spcross

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to say that I ran into this problem today (phone was working fine then died; wouldn't power back on even with the charger plugged in), but removing the battery cover and battery and then putting these back on securely DID cure the problem! In the process I made doubly sure that the battery was seated all the way in and that the cover was seated all the way on.

Miller Highlife

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar problem with my HTC Inspire. It first happened 4 days ago, i woke up and i checked my phone, it said it had 0% battery, and when i unlocked it, there was a notification saying that my phone is using too much power, and i need to switch to another AC charger, so i did, and it restarted because i switched cords and it was dead, but it turned back on right away and started charging. but today, i woke up to find my HTC Inspire has died while it was on the charger, completely. the charging light wasn't on, and I immediately knew i was screwed. the phones completely dead, wont charge no matter how many different chargers i use, tried taking out battery and making sure it had good connection, when i fell asleep last night it was 100% charged, and still on the charger.. idk why its been doing this lately... before it did this, a year ago i accidentally went swimming with it in my pocket, and the only thing that broke was the power/lock button. everything else dried out and worked perfect. i rooted it, flashed rom to blackout 4.0, overclocked to only 1.2ghz, with lots of profiles in setcpu. (had to wake the phone with volume buttons, witch always fall off on this phone, so are being held in place with tape) the phone dies quickly when using it, after just listening to music threw headphones, the phone would die in about 4-5 hours (sometimes less) and took about that long to charge it to 100%. idk whats the problem with this phone, if anyone can help me, how can i turn this phone on with my broken power button? it usually turns on by itself when i put in battery, but its dead, and i cant charge it unless the phones on... please help.. i have a lot of stuff on that phone.... :'(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer