DNLA connectivity question

chief113

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I saw this on the HTC site.

Phone screen meets flatscreen. With built-in DLNA connectivity, you can stream videos, photos, and music wirelessly, from your phone to your flatscreen. So instead of huddling around a phone screen, everyone can kick back on the couch and watch the show

Does this mean that you can play videos that you shoot with the phone camera on your hdtv without having to plug it in? Do other phones have this capability, because I've never heard of this before?

AndreaCristiano#AC

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
not many its pretty new and you need to have a tv set that has DLNA. for instance the Atrix doesnt have this feature it needs a dock to connect to your tv if we have a dnla set were all good :)

chief113

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
not many its pretty new and you need to have a tv set that has DLNA. for instance the Atrix doesnt have this feature it needs a dock to connect to your tv if we have a dnla set were all good :)

I was researching it last night, and it looks like you can make it work through a PS3. This is a very cool feature. I am offically sold on this phone.

Jim Ahrman

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I was just looking on at&t's web site on atrix and looking at the tech specs it does mention that..
APPS AND ENTERTAINMENT
U-verse? MobileTV Live, DLNA?, YPmobileSM, Picture Gallery, Media Share, News and Weather, Phone Portal, video playback and streaming, 3.5 mm audio jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non