Share Photos Taken With the Inspire 4G Camera!

KTyger

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
This is just a random photo of some current knitting I took yesterday, something I do to track my progress. The quality isn't superb, but I was impressed by how well it handled the blue and purple colors, something I've always had trouble with.

IMAG0011 by KTyger, on Flickr

What I noticed after I posted it on Flickr, though, is that the Exif data says it was taken with the HTC Desire HD. I realize it's practically the same phone, but does anyone know if there's a way to change this on the phone? I'm coming from the iPhone world and still have lots to learn about the Android way of life. I'm positive that when I browsing the phone around Monday night I saw someplace that said "HTC Desire HD" and figured it wouldn't make any difference, but now I can't find it.

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
This is just a random photo of some current knitting I took yesterday, something I do to track my progress. The quality isn't superb, but I was impressed by how well it handled the blue and purple colors, something I've always had trouble with.

IMAG0011 by KTyger, on Flickr

What I noticed after I posted it on Flickr, though, is that the Exif data says it was taken with the HTC Desire HD. I realize it's practically the same phone, but does anyone know if there's a way to change this on the phone? I'm coming from the iPhone world and still have lots to learn about the Android way of life. I'm positive that when I browsing the phone around Monday night I saw someplace that said "HTC Desire HD" and figured it wouldn't make any difference, but now I can't find it.

Not sure how to change it but the ROM or whatever tells networks, cameras, and such has a Desire HD identifier.

My Inspire is listed as a Desire HD on our Good server at work.

spoiler61

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Link to all sizes

Medium Size:
5446799148_da11716d6e_b.jpg

those are some good seats right there..Oh nice pic also..

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
heres a few quick pics of my beater... the camera is pretty impressive i think for a phone.. my digital camera is a 10mp so its getting to the point where your average phone has a better camera then a decent one a few years old. hope they arent too big...

mmbfzp5zlqsv52l63003.jpg

0hhdixexle1pzzw69mm.jpg

elrol

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
heres a few quick pics of my beater... the camera is pretty impressive i think for a phone.. my digital camera is a 10mp so its getting to the point where your average phone has a better camera then a decent one a few years old. hope they arent too big...

the Mustang, my first love ;) I had a '78 'Stang back in the day.

These photos are pretty amazing for a phones camera. Thanks for posting!

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
thanks...its a far cry from the ole Mustang II though lol.. i tried making a video of the car running but its so loud it makes it distort out audio wise..may have to try standing further away from it lol

iancull

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I took pictures of the ice-covered river in Essex, MA yesterday, both with the HTC Inspire 4G and with my Sony A55V DSLR ... the phone camera did really well giving arguably better color balance, and no distortion of the horizon:

HTC Inspire 4G:

Sony A55V:

Click either picture for 1500x version; you can also head to my website to see a video also taken with the phone:
Margaret&Ian: The Essex river, still frozen

Conclusion: this phone does great at daytime photos of ice!

iancull

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I took another pair of pictures this morning, of the latest falling snow - this time the HTC Inspire 4G come off worse, suffering from the narrower field of view and also a strange off-color blob in the middle of the picture:

This is what it should have looked like ...

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
Nice shots everyone! Wow, I am loving this phone. Had some random fun.

IMAG0084.jpg

Sepia Tone
IMAG0087.jpg

IMAG0088.jpg

I messed around with the settings, and with good light, images can come out very nice!