Gingerbread on Inspire

RoboWarrior

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
It's the next software update for android. It give better battery life and better multitasking. And its cooler! And I'm having it already with leedeoid's Rom!!! XD

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

mohi96

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I talked to a couple HTC customer service representatives and they both said (and these calls were months apart) that it should be within a month or two. So in short, it's on the books, but right now, it's just empty promises.

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
My phone just came in today, and it looks to be running 4.3.3 -- is that Gingerbread? I just made the switch from iOS4, so I am new to all of it.

2.3.3 is the newest version for Inspire. 4.0 is Ice Cream Sandwich, which is still in development but may be released in November (likely will not be officially released on Inspire). 3.0 to 3.2 are the OS for tablets only.

Note iOS5 will be released soon, so many versions!

RoboWarrior

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how old this post but the inspire had the gingerbread update for about 2 months now and about 40% have the gingerbread update. Honeycomb is strictly for devices with 7 inch or bigger screens aka tablets. Almost all manufactureer signed a contract during ces 2011 that they will update phone within a 7 month period for all phone that meet specfications for that operating systems.

DC Damien

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
My buddy has the Inspire. I have Tbolt. I noticed he doesn't have GB and when I checked updates it said up to date. Is the update no longer being pushed out?

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
My buddy has the Inspire. I have Tbolt. I noticed he doesn't have GB and when I checked updates it said up to date. Is the update no longer being pushed out?

I doubt the 2-month-old is still being pushed (i.e. you get a notice to download it), but it should still allow you to download it manually. On 2.2, you goto HTC Updates (not AT&T updates) to get the update. If you don't see HTC Updates under Settings, then the phone was updated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo