Sync HTC Sense

gleason

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so this question seems too basic, but I can't find an answer anywhere.

When HTC Sense is checked under Accounts & Sync, what is being synced?

I know this needs to be checked to use phone location, phone lock, ring, etc., from HTCsense.com's dashboard, but it goes into sync mode way more than necessary for just that.

gleason

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I had it off for a while, then I turned it back on to see if HTCsense.com would work. It did. It's a nice feature to be able to find the phone if it's lost, so I turned it back on.

Now it syncs way too often and I don't know why, and my searches turn up nothing, which is really weird. I've had this phone for just over a week and every specialized, detailed question I've had had an answer somewhere or other. But not this.

I'd really like to know what this does, because if it's syncing unnecessary data like text messages or contacts, I might just turn it off again.

gots2beme

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm not exactly sure what syncs with it either but it seems like a battery hog so I turned it off. You can set it to sync as often or as little as you'd like.
Go to menu>settings>accounts & sync>click on the sense account and there you can adjust the update schedule to your liking. Hope this helps.

gleason

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but I've played around with it and HTCSense.com's dashboard only works when it is set to Push.

If not for the dashboard, I'd turn this off no question. Perhaps I'll have to call in to customer service. It's crazy no one knows this.