Facebook Contact Sync Question

BaldwiJ7

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am new to Android, I just got my HTC Inspire a few days ago, and so far I love it, much better than iPhone.

I like that I can sync my contacts via Facebook App and HTC Sense for Facebook, what I don't like is that it also brings over people that I don't have in my contacts to begin with, that I don't want in there. I looked a couple of different places, and have seen different solutions. One, was to just manually sync who I want in there, problem is, that is not working.

My questions is basically, either A, how can I do a mass syncing that will sync ONLY my Facebook friends that I also have in my phone book, or B, if not that, how can I just manually sync in who I want?

nickmatteis

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
in the facebook app if you press the menu button then settings, then sync contacts there are options there,

also in the people application there is a setting to show only names with phone numbers, so if "John Doe" downloaded from facebook and only his email is in the contact, it will not appear in your contact list.

BaldwiJ7

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I figured it out. For whatever reason I could not link numbers located on my "phone" to Facebook. What I did is back up my contacts and upload them to my gmail, then delete my "phone" contacts. I was then able to individually link the contact to their Facebook, and as long as I had Facebook for HTC Sense unchecked under view, I would only see the contacts I want to.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana