Best way to sync Outlook Notes to Inspire?

dgm2

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I use Outlook Notes daily and want/expect an app that will accommodate. My Inspire won't allow loading non-Market apps. Will I have to sync to Google Docs or similar? Thanks.

lphelan

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
This does not answer the poster's question. HTC Sync does not sync Outlook notes or tasks. I have been looking for a solution for the past three months. I have used NitroNotes to display my Outlook Notes on my phone but it does not sync, like on my old Palm phone.

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com
dgm2,

There are a number of ways to sync Outlook notes to your Inspire. Check out SyncDroid for a nice list, being sure to pay attention to the "Notes" column.

Our own application, CompanionLink for Outlook, comes with a 14-day free trial, allowing you to give it a test run first. It works in combination with our free Android app, DejaOffice, to allow you to sync notes (and contacts, calendars, and tasks too) while maintaining things like Outlook Categories. If you have any questions on either of our applications, let me know - I'm here to help!

David Z.

lphelan

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the double posting. I should have waited before I replied. First, this link has a very complete listing of Outlook sync software. The table does an excellent job of comparing the features of each program: Sync Android/Droid with Outlook/Exchange. You will see that NitroNote is the only free program that will transfer Outlook notes. I do not have any experience with the paid programs, but there are lots of user reviews in the Market available for them.

With regard to NitroNotes, I have to revise my earlier statement that it does not sync. In fact it does, but it is rather clunky about it. If you are interested, first go to this link to get basic instructions and download:
NitroNote: Notes Syncing - NitroDesk TouchDown | Google Groups. However, my experience has been somewhat different than what is listed in the instructions. I use HTC Sync for Outlook Calendar and Contacts, which automatically syncs whenever I connect my Incredible with PC via USB. After connecting, open NitroNote and select Sync from the menu. It will instruct you to Press 'USB Connected' Notification. On my phone, I have to change from "HTC Sync" to "Disk Drive" from the pull down and press Done. This will take you back to the instruction screen. Do not leave the instruction screen. Then open NotesLink on PC. If the connection is correct, the Sync button in NotesLink will be active. Press it. Now physically disconnect the phone from the USB. You should see "Preparing phone storage" on the top of the phone screen. Now hit Done on the instruction screen and the phone will update and return you to the list of notes. Both PC and phone list should be synced now. I am open to correction, but in my experience, this rather strange series of steps must be followed precisely for updating to occur on both devices.

Another thing about NitroNotes that is not obvious regards editing notes on your phone. When you open a note, you cannot edit it, it is read only. To edit or delete, you must long press on the note from the list and those two options then appear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress