Help with bloatware removal..

Staticpunk84

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
can any show me or give me a link about removing the bloat ware for the inspire im about to finish up rooting.. thanks for the help and any other pointer after I root. thanks in advance guys.

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Just a warning, most people don't know about this, even Moderators post guides to uninstall bloat.

Deleting/Uninstalling bloat will prevent you from ever getting an OTA update on your phone again 99% of the time unless you have them all backed up and put them back where they were and reset the UNIX permissions correctly manually. In order to get the update, you will have to find an image of the ROM and reflash your phone, which will cause you to lose everything and your phone will be just like taking it out of the box the first time.

With that said, and with most people learning that the hard way (myself included) you should never delete/uninstall bloatware, but rather freeze it. Freezing makes your phone think it is uninstalled, it never runs, it doesn't show up, but you can defrost it at any time and it is back just like it was before.

Titanium Backup PRO and my own app, Bloat Freezer allow you to freeze apps.

Staticpunk84

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I did not know that and thats some good info. I have titanium backup the free vers: now what really can I do with that again ( i guess i could look it up lol)

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Thing is, any update from ATT has more than likely already been put into a ROM by the dev. Like HSUPA, sideloading, radio etc. I've had all those on my phone for months now. Personally, I delete bloatware. I don't want that crap on my phone. To each their own though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87