QuickRemote on specific frequence?

LGoogle

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello all.
I have just gotten my LG G2 for 2 days ago and I randomly tried QuickRemote which I knew nothing about before I had bought my phone. I felt en love with it immidiatly after turning my parents TV off without them knowing. (Haha).
I am now connected to my audio system and my TV in my own room, but one thing is missing.
I have a ceiling lamp with a remote control to it (Don't ask lol) and I would really like to be able to use my phone to turn the light on/off (Which you can do with the remote control)
The problem is that the lamps frequency is 433.92MHz and I can't seem to connect to that frequency with my phone (QuickRemote -> universal remote -> and then tried to connect to it this way).
Is there any way that I can connect to the lamp? There might be another device using that frequency, and thought that I might be able to just pretend that its a projector or whatever, and use it for my lamp? Lol I don't know, it would be awesome if you could manually type the frequency of the device you would like to connect the phone to, but it doesn't seem to be possible.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.:cool:

Foramex

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello all.
I have just gotten my LG G2 for 2 days ago and I randomly tried QuickRemote which I knew nothing about before I had bought my phone. I felt en love with it immidiatly after turning my parents TV off without them knowing. (Haha).
I am now connected to my audio system and my TV in my own room, but one thing is missing.
I have a ceiling lamp with a remote control to it (Don't ask lol) and I would really like to be able to use my phone to turn the light on/off (Which you can do with the remote control)
The problem is that the lamps frequency is 433.92MHz and I can't seem to connect to that frequency with my phone (QuickRemote -> universal remote -> and then tried to connect to it this way).
Is there any way that I can connect to the lamp? There might be another device using that frequency, and thought that I might be able to just pretend that its a projector or whatever, and use it for my lamp? Lol I don't know, it would be awesome if you could manually type the frequency of the device you would like to connect the phone to, but it doesn't seem to be possible.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.:cool:
Welcome to Android Central Forums!
Do you possess the original remote?
If so you can simply 'teach' your device how to perform the same things the remote performs. You simply go into the universal remote, press 'Learn Remote', and then it will give you instructions.
Hope I helped!

LGoogle

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I have tried to "teach" the phone the right commands, but it can't find the remote control to my light, however I got it working with my tv, so I ain't doing it wrong. It just can't connect to my light remote control unfortunatly, and thanks for the welcome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress