LG Phoenix...root...wifi...tether...???

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
lg phoenix with 2.2.2. i have the ability to tether allready on my phone. sadly i have to pay more to use it... i dont want to. i am aware that when i root my phone i will be able to free.
my question is do i need an app to do this, or does rooting make it so i can use my curent app.
any info on this would be helpfull. thanks in advance...
are there any mods for the phoenix/thrive?

wlfpck

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I think if you don't tether too much AT&T won't really know. I think that they find out people are tethering due to the huge bandwidth that these user use up. Not really sure though.

fllbrent

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Here's how I enabled tether on my LG Thrive

>power off phone
>remove battery and sim card
>install battery (leave sim card out of phone)
>power on phone
>go to android market via wifi
>download and install "Wireless Tether for Root Users" (freeware)
>power off phone
>remove battery and install sim card
>install battery and power on phone

Worked for me

Reactions: LifesGoodPhoenix

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
sorry got involved in another thread.... if i hit tether on my phone is tells me i dont have the proper data plan... hens i rooted dug around for the wifi tether app i wanted and now im good to go...by the way i am running cm7 and jobans kernal....yes on my phoenix... check out the thread....

skelton

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Wireless Tether for Root Users is not in Marketplace. You have to query it in Google as it is part of the Google Code base. Easy to find. I used 2.0.8. The rest is beta. Works for me!!

Wonderful!

I don't use it for video. I have a small bandwidth cap. Only need it to do mail, send in reports, and to download something in the field where no other option exists.

Now if I can only get Android 4.x.x on my Thrive I'd be happy....

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Wireless Tether for Root Users is not in Marketplace. You have to query it in Google as it is part of the Google Code base. Easy to find. I used 2.0.8. The rest is beta. Works for me!!

Wonderful!

I don't use it for video. I have a small bandwidth cap. Only need it to do mail, send in reports, and to download something in the field where no other option exists.

Now if I can only get Android 4.x.x on my Thrive I'd be happy....
LOL arent u happy enough u have at least gingerbread on ur thrive?

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
LOL arent u happy enough u have at least gingerbread on ur thrive?

Oh silly Joban you should know better than that. We must always have the newest best'est' stuff regardless of whether its feasible to do it or not. Just because there is no point in running windows 7 on a 486 doesn't mean we shouldn't try does it :p