Got Froyo, now PDANet won't work

ADCHCrash

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else get the android 2.2 upgrade and now can't use PDANet? It worked 2 days ago, then I got upgraded yesterday. Now when I enable PDANet tethering on the phone and it's connected via USB, the computer doesn't know it's on and won't connect? Anyone else?

crz6662

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else get the android 2.2 upgrade and now can't use PDANet? It worked 2 days ago, then I got upgraded yesterday. Now when I enable PDANet tethering on the phone and it's connected via USB, the computer doesn't know it's on and won't connect? Anyone else?

Both Easy Tether and PDAnet don't work after flashing HTCClay's SuperFast G1, Firmware 1.6. The built in tethering app works though. 425.9 Mbps. Doesn't your Froyo have a built in tether app ? Have also tried on 2.1, 2.2 and 2.2.1. All fail with the downloaded apps.

loosedrag

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
2.2 Froyo Kills PdaNet

I used Pdanet flawlessly for months, took my HTC Desire in for a "checkup" at CSpire store to see why it wasn't getting good signal when roaming, and rep uploaded the newest operating system (2.2) for me. Killed my pdanet immediately. Program would open as usual, show "on and running", but phone would immediately shut down the "Mobile Network" when pdaNet was turned on.
Some months later I bought a second HTC Desire to replace my screen-cracked one, and it was still running 2.1. Now, again, pdaNet works fine. I just can't upgrade the operating system. Fine by me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
textura