Can you put Sense on a G2?

egginator

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Seeing that it is a sense-less version of the Desire Z, it is very possible right? Vanilla Android is good and all but I like Sense more. I don't think I could get another phone without that clock and weather widget...

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure some nice community member will modify the Desire Z's ROM for use on the G2. Seeing as they are the same device is should take minimal effort, and better yet ALL functions should work on the phone. So yes after rooting it should be possible.

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Then again it took a relatively long time to get the Desire ROM working on the Nexus One. I still prefer vanilla Android.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Nirvana328

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Seeing that it is a sense-less version of the Desire Z, it is very possible right? Vanilla Android is good and all but I like Sense more. I don't think I could get another phone without that clock and weather widget...

I know Sense offers more than just a clock and weather widget, but fyi, you can always download beautiful widgets, which is easily customizable with numerous skins

Beautiful Widgets - Android app on AppBrain

egginator

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I know Sense is just more than the clock widget. I also want everything that's in the new Sense like their backup service and their map caching and all that. I'm just not a really big fan of Vanilla Android especially if I can't tether anyways.