CM9 for G2x

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying it on and off. They updated the ROM today and finally have a working camera.

Reason I won't use it as a daily driver yet is that the Wi-Fi calling doesn't work with a darn. making an outgoing call completely crashes both the Wi-Fi calling app and the phone app (can't make outgoing calls even after turning off Wi-Fi calling until you reboot) and incoming calls while on Wi-Fi completely crash the phone app and Wi-Fi calling app.

I do get ok too good signal even on cell but like using Wi-Fi calling since it significantly reduces battery drain.

Back to CM7 nighties and liking the new blue theme over the old green.

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying it on and off. They updated the ROM today and finally have a working camera.

Reason I won't use it as a daily driver yet is that the Wi-Fi calling doesn't work with a darn. making an outgoing call completely crashes both the Wi-Fi calling app and the phone app (can't make outgoing calls even after turning off Wi-Fi calling until you reboot) and incoming calls while on Wi-Fi completely crash the phone app and Wi-Fi calling app.

I do get ok too good signal even on cell but like using Wi-Fi calling since it significantly reduces battery drain.

Back to CM7 nighties and liking the new blue theme over the old green.

Well at least they are updating it at a good pace! I won't make it a daily yet because of the same reasons as well even though it was very tempting too lol. But I will keep my eyes glued to the forums for more updates.

I'm back to my WeaponG2x ROM from the PhoenixBlood because I was having problems sending MMS, do you have that issue on CM7???

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well at least they are updating it at a good pace! I won't make it a daily yet because of the same reasons as well even though it was very tempting too lol. But I will keep my eyes glued to the forums for more updates.

I'm back to my WeaponG2x ROM from the PhoenixBlood because I was having problems sending MMS, do you have that issue on CM7???

I don't really MMS enough to tell the few times I've had someone send an MMS its worked although with some quirks (longer than normal download times etc.).

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't really MMS enough to tell the few times I've had someone send an MMS its worked although with some quirks (longer than normal download times etc.).

Yea I received MMS fine but I couldn't send MMS through WIFI or regular data on CM9... But like I said I'm sure they will smooth out the bugs.

smoking rr

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Yea I received MMS fine but I couldn't send MMS through WIFI or regular data on CM9... But like I said I'm sure they will smooth out the bugs.

is that a build issue of just a regular issue? i can send sms on wifi but never mms on wifi. and i am running something totally different.

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
is that a build issue of just a regular issue? i can send sms on wifi but never mms on wifi. and i am running something totally different.

I honestly have no clue because I was having the same issue with some CM7 ROM builds where it would sometimes send MMS fine or I would get the "Sending...." and it wouldn't send at all. I'm running Weapon now and I have no problems sending MMS through WIFI or data but I'll have to do some research because I did love PhoenixBloood it just had that one flaw for me personally.

smoking rr

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I would love to hear what you find out. I am very new to all this, but I have swapped in a few build. I've thing I don't like is the lack of swype text in the new builds.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I would love to hear what you find out. I am very new to all this, but I have swapped in a few build. I've thing I don't like is the lack of swype text in the new builds.

I'll definitely keep a eye out for any new info, even though I rarely use swype I think it's a bummer as well that it's not included on the CM9 builds.

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

all you have to do is go to beta.swype.com and then sign up. then you can always get the newest version of swype. just make sure that if you have a stock version of it on your phone that you get rid of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
no3rdseat