Stuck in boot! HELP

melvincadejr

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I tried to flash CM7 onto my G2X and it is stuck on the boot with the LG logo and the blue lines in the background. I need to get past it. Also it wont boot into recovery mode. Thanks in advance for all and any help

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried to flash CM7 onto my G2X and it is stuck on the boot with the LG logo and the blue lines in the background. I need to get past it. Also it wont boot into recovery mode. Thanks in advance for all and any help

Sometimes the first boot with CM7 can take up to 15 or 20 minutes. If it is going longer than that you should wipe and reinstall CM7. To get back into CWM pull the battery for about a minute. Put it back in and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button till you see the Blue LG logo.

MrNobodyWTB

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes the first boot with CM7 can take up to 15 or 20 minutes. If it is going longer than that you should wipe and reinstall CM7. To get back into CWM pull the battery for about a minute. Put it back in and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button till you see the Blue LG logo.

I am currently having this problem too, or at the very least a problem very similar.

I am using CWM ontop of 2.3.3. I backed up everything cleared caches etc.

I read that you wrote it can take up to 20 minutes for first boot (I left it for over an hour)

I am currently stuck on the new blue LG boot screen, it is not a boot loop, so far as my understanding.
If I hold down the volume down and power button (like in the youtube video below), it just restarts back into the blue LG logo it gets stuck on. Also note that the 2nd LG logo in the video has a scroll bar below it, mine does not. I get the initial white one without a scroll bar, and the 2nd is the one with the blue lines kind of behind it to the left.

Thank you!

I was able to recover to the stock 2.3.3 using NVFlash

Last edited:

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
i too have this problem, i put cwm on there but pressed the wrong type of phone. pls help!

you need to go to xda-developers.com, get nv flash installed to your computer, then install cwm from there onto your phone. if you install cwm from the cwm app, it wont intall it right on the g2x. once you get cwm on there, then just find the rom you want, follow the insturctions the original poster laid out, and then youll have your phone up and running again.