GingerBread 2.3.4?

crazywhitie

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Man I'm think ing of install a Custom Rom, but I know GB is right around the corner.. I read it should have been out early this week so if I don't get it I'm going to have to load custom Rom.. I hate Waiting lol

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Man I'm think ing of install a Custom Rom, but I know GB is right around the corner.. I read it should have been out early this week so if I don't get it I'm going to have to load custom Rom.. I hate Waiting lol

If you're rooted you'll want a custom ROM anyway, and not take the OTA cuz it'll probably break root.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

r3g

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

Just be patient. Gingerbread isnt going to change your android experience much.

r3g

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Many of the Gingerbread changes are under the hood. Of course my statement is just my opinion but Gingerbread while nice isn't much different than froyo in terms of real life usage on both my Vibrant and G2x. People are getting so bent out of shape about this GB business as if it were the phone version of Honeycomb or something.. Some performance increases, yes. Small changes in the UI, yes Significantly different Android experience, no. Mind-blowing, no.

robbieas

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Many of the Gingerbread changes are under the hood. Of course my statement is just my opinion but Gingerbread while nice isn't much different than froyo in terms of real life usage on both my Vibrant and G2x. People are getting so bent out of shape about this GB business as if it were the phone version of Honeycomb or something.. Some performance increases, yes. Small changes in the UI, yes Significantly different Android experience, no. Mind-blowing, no.

BUT, the G2X crash, reboot, and other issues may be somewhat resolved by the update... and I'd like to be able to get rid of that damn e-mail signature!

crazywhitie

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
My G2X has worked Perfect. I try a Custom Rom an d had more problems, I'm sticking to just Rooted for now, but I want Gingerbread, Froyo just isn't the same

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webchambers