I've Got Ice Cream and I love it!

kennethpm777

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the Ice Cream Sandwich update to the Samsung Galaxy SII on the 12th of June and just love it. It works fantastic. The battery drains at about the same rate as before, and some of the new features are great! Love the new email interface, other new features, better screen 'swipe' to unlock (any way to disable this entirely?).

good luck hope to hear from you other comments about ICS on this great phone!:)

elysea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes with ICS you can disable a screen lock completely. Go into your settings > security > screen lock > select None and voila, no more screen lock at all. I hope that helps?

ungibbed

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
After updating, I did a factory reset so I had a nice smooth ICS transition. No lag at all save for one thing that even my backup phone (Samsung Dart) doesn't have.

Try running a live wallpaper on the S2 and then launch the music player with an EQ setting enabled. Then go back to your home screen.

My Galaxy S2 stumbles and drops frames on the live wallpaper while the single core Dart (600 Mhz) with the same settings and live wallpaper doesn't skip a beat nor drop frames while the music player runs in the background.

Very weird. :confused:

kaphyra

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I got it and love it too. No problem at all and I disabled many bloat apps so battery looks good too. Except one thing. I can't get rid of camcorder shutter sound! Camera has the option but not Camcorder. Volume control doesn't help. Anybody can help me with this?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty