Walmart has GIII for $198, $216 out the door!

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
And thats the price it SHOULD be, T-Mo's pricing is a scam

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Let me tell ya about T-Mobile, True story...my partner works with someone who has a contract and her renewal was up,ok. Well she was not very familiar with the usual process and the sales person tried to get $600.00 out of her for a new phone. Well my partner told her to go right back and tell them she's didn't want the phone and she was going someplace else for cheaper. The sales person Then told her he could sell it to her for $199.00
This is a true situation that just goes to show you it's good to have a phone geek for a friend....:beer::D:thumbup:
from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

TANDC

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Had to call around one we found a store that had them in stock we bought it loved it and went back go 2 more!

Very cool phone no real issues yet other then battery life but what smart phone doesnt have that..with as big of a screen it has that I am sure doesnt help battery life.

Ytown

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Good deal. I have had issues in the past with 3rd party resellers, so I usually buy directly from a corporate store. They give you less of a hassle if you have a return or exchange.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

omgitsme

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I bought mine there last saturday. There was a message to call in for the upgrade. The tmo agent asked to speak to me. She told me that the upgrade was going to cost me $389. I asked why since the walmart price is 198 and thats why im buying it from them and not you. She said it didnt matter what the price was there, thats the upgrade cost. I told her to stick it up her ass and to put someone on who knew wtf they were talking about. The walmart agent was stunned. He had never heard of that before. Anyway, she honored my request to get another agent and it was straightened out. The walmart employee said that no other carrier is as hard to deal with as tmo. He said he could make ten different calls a day to them and get ten different answers. Wal-mart for the win. Also sams club sells them for the same price.

johnjohntc

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
In every state I've been in, its tax on purchase price, not retail.

That's why if you look at the sites, in general, they list the price, then some rebates. Tax is on the price, regardless of rebates. Samsung is getting paid $600 by someone. The tax is on that.

hp10BII

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I got the T-Mobile Galaxy S3 from the Androidcentral homepage when they had some discount.

Came out to be about $210 plus tax (on retail price) plus the $35 new activation fee so around $300 dollars!

Oh well, but the monthly plan will be around $50 per month for their basic service.

Last edited:

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
That's why if you look at the sites, in general, they list the price, then some rebates. Tax is on the price, regardless of rebates. Samsung is getting paid $600 by someone. The tax is on that.

Oh, its just whenever I've bought a phone, I've done so in store (except my hero) and it was tax on what I pay. But that's just my experience...

Or I could go to delaware and have no sales tax :D

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Oh, its just whenever I've bought a phone, I've done so in store (except my hero) and it was tax on what I pay. But that's just my experience...

Or I could go to delaware and have no sales tax :D

Which would be used for gas to get there and back home. Either way we pay some kind of way. :D

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Which would be used for gas to get there and back home. Either way we pay some kind of way. :D

.... My car gets 44mpg highway. DE is less than 70 miles. If I'm going, I'm spending over 3k to definitely make it worth the while

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38