T-Mobile S4 Question

Incitatus

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I grabbed an S3 at the end of June 2012 and still feel the phone is fantastic.

On 3/14, if the new S4 blows the doors off and makes me want to replace my S3 (which I bought out right for the full $730), I assume buying it through TMo will force me into another 2 year contract?

I don't feel I'll leave TMo anytime soon, just ticked off that they appear skeezy in forcing a non subsidized phone into a long term contract.

Are there other options to purchase brand new phones other than ebay type third party sites?

Thanks

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure if you buy a phone non subsidized (a.k.a full price) you can bring it to your carrier with no contract. So if you bought a S4 full price you wouldn't have to contract up.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes this is correct, but it is a waiting game at the moment. The S4 being announced on 3-14 may not hit the shelves for a few more months. If memory serves the S3 also announced in March or April last year was not on the shelf till June. T-Mobile also stated on their forum that a decision has not been made as to weather they will carry the S4 as yet. There will always be options on purchasing a phone, Radio Shack and WalMart come to mind.