Phone wouldn't charge and got really hot?

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I hope there isn't something wrong with my phone because I had the Sensation before and never had any problems with it. I plugged it in to charge at 12am and then turned it off and then at 6am it was really hot and I powered it back on and it was 80%. Then I restarted it and left it on and it was fine and cooled off really quickly. Anyone have any suggestions? Wonder why it did that? I really hope it isn't defective.

FloridaPhil

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Were you using the charger that came with the phone or another one you had lying around? I have had issues with any chargers other than the one that came with my phone. T-Mo told me that HTC are aware of charging issues and will be fixing it in a software release.

However, my phone has also been intermittently running very hot for no apparent reason. One moment it will be cool and within 60 seconds of browsing emails or something equally 'light' will heat up to 111 degrees. T-mobile is sending me a new phone.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Were you using the charger that came with the phone or another one you had lying around? I have had issues with any chargers other than the one that came with my phone. T-Mo told me that HTC are aware of charging issues and will be fixing it in a software release.

However, my phone has also been intermittently running very hot for no apparent reason. One moment it will be cool and within 60 seconds of browsing emails or something equally 'light' will heat up to 111 degrees. T-mobile is sending me a new phone.

Mine only got hot that once but today it did the same thing with the charging. I turn it off to charge and then 8 hours later it says its still charging and have 85% via the battery boost icon. I then restart the phone and the light changes to green and 100%. Everything else on my phone works very well so I'm hoping there isn't something wrong with just my phone. I am using the charger HTC supplied me.

HeyBob

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I noticed mine warms up whenever my T-Mobile signal starts to fail.... especially if I am in and out of a dead zone quite a bit.

mojosingle

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine only got hot that once but today it did the same thing with the charging. I turn it off to charge and then 8 hours later it says its still charging and have 85% via the battery boost icon. I then restart the phone and the light changes to green and 100%. Everything else on my phone works very well so I'm hoping there isn't something wrong with just my phone. I am using the charger HTC supplied me.
Matt, when you left and came back did you get a new (different) Sensation phone or is this your original phone (reactivated?) that is now having this problem?

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Matt, when you left and came back did you get a new (different) Sensation phone or is this your original phone (reactivated?) that is now having this problem?

Its a new one. I had previously sold my old one. It charges the phone at 100% but I have to restart it. Charge at 11pm with a 5% battery and then at 6am it still charging. Then I restart the phone and its fully charged and fine. My battery lasts the whole day. I have written to HTC and haven't heard anything from them yet. I do plan on pulling the battery out and perhaps doing a factory reset if the problem continues.

This Sensation seems very solid where as my first one was very creaky. Looks like the Sensation for T-Mobile does have a lot of issues. I have also read that the myTouch 4G suffered from this as well. It could be software related, I don't know. I will definitely be calling HTC on the phone if it continues.

Can't exchange it at the T-Mobile store because I already exchanged it and they clearly say you get 1 exchange which is BS. They also increased the restocking fee to $50.