Yahoo mail... no way to Log Out?

mojosingle

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the Android Market yahoo mail app. There appears to be no way to log out of your mailbox on this app?

Way to go yahoo. Ugh. Anyone figured this one out?

mojosingle

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
You have 2 options: remove the yahoo account sync (in "Accounts & sync") or in the apps manager you can clear data for Yahoo mail app.
Thanks Dan. I just ended up uninstalling and re-installing the app (about 60 seconds). Not sure if they have updated or changed it but now with the reinstall under the folder view there is an accounts link that goes to manage accounts.

Folder view > accounts > manage > add account - remove account

The colors have changed too. In doing research via google on this there were many folks complaining about the no log out feature. I guess in the past Yahoo has resolved the problem by telling people to use the "remove account" feature. Does not seem to make any logical sense to have logging out of an app function like that. I will try your suggestions next time.

rw0749

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
You can't log out of your Gmail account either...at least if you can nobody ever showed me how to do that either...

52silver

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I can't find the 'remove account' only 'add account' ! I've just got my phone and and not sure where to find some of these. I did see it.. briefly.... but don't kn:(ow where and can't find it again.:(

Ggreekggod

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't find the 'remove account' only 'add account' ! I've just got my phone and and not sure where to find some of these. I did see it.. briefly.... but don't kn:(ow where and can't find it again.:(

Go to the add account screen and select the account and up above next to add is delete

strumpetcity

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks for advice ,,, I just dumped the yahoo mail app to be safe. However it is ridiculous to have an app for an important feature such as e-mail account that does'nt have a log out feature.:eek:

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Is there any better way to do this? I like the app, since I don't use the email often and it doesn't clog up my inbox. But, if I can't set it to only GET emails when I open the app, and if I can't set it to stop trying to sync ALL the time, it's useless

I've gone into accounts and turned OFF the sync for this account, and yet it still seems to be getting emails. Also, i'd like to get rid of the notifications in the menu bar, but can't find that setting for this specific app? Is there a setting for that?

adudley1218

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Dumbest thing I ever seen, cannot sign out of Yahoo, Gmail and Outlook. This is very unsafe!

I'm having the same issues with yahoo, but for gmail go to the g+ icon in your apps on your phone, then click the menu button on your phone a pop up will come up click settings then click on your account, scroll down and BAM there's the sign out option 😉

Last edited:

Darrel Rose

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
The idea suggetsted here does not work I uninstalled it and went back and was still logged into Yahoo mail app, so then just uninstalled it altogether and went back to web based mail in the browser on the internet,yeah not as easy to use but at least you have the sign out feature, don't bother with Yahoo's crazy mail app

tinafg

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Found it on Yahoo Mail Help.

Tap the Menu icon in Yahoo Mail (the three lines next to where it says Inbox)

Scroll down to where it says Settings

Tap Manage Accounts

Swipe to where you see your account.

Tap Sign Out.

Don't know why they made it so complicated!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non