4g on T-mobile?

aweedman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I currently have an Evo 4g on Sprint. I rarely use 4g though because I don't get it at home and don't feel like turning it on and off all of the time. Is 4g always on on T-mobile phones? Have you been satisfied with the speed / coverage?

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I currently have an Evo 4g on Sprint. I rarely use 4g though because I don't get it at home and don't feel like turning it on and off all of the time. Is 4g always on on T-mobile phones? Have you been satisfied with the speed / coverage?

Its not always on. But look at it like this if your signal goes week or dead you can use wifi for calling and data on T-Monile's network.

aweedman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
INK,

By "not always on" do you mean that you have to manually turn it on and off like you have to on the Evo so it won't kill your battery?

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
INK,

By "not always on" do you mean that you have to manually turn it on and off like you have to on the Evo so it won't kill your battery?

I worded that badly, I meant you probably will have trouble penetrating buildings with HSPA+. And HSPA+ doesn't have any noticeable effects on battery.

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've got 4G all over in my area and love it. Great speeds and I definitely don't get frustrated waiting for things to load, pages to open, downloads to finish, etc. Everywhere where I've travelled has never had an issue with not having adequate coverage. To each his own, but I've ALWAYS been a very happy T-Mobile customer.

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The problem with Sprint is their 4G footprint is still fairly small compared
to T-Mobiles 4G footprint.

In this area (Tampa) MetroPCS has almost as big of 4G footprint as Sprint.
That says a lot.

:-\

rldev

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

I recently left Sprint and my Epic. I live in Northern NJ and travel frequently to Manhattan. I purchased android phones from ATT(Infuse 4G), Tmobile(G2X) and Verizon(Droid Charge). I have taken all 3 phones with me all over NJ and NY, running speed tests and loading web pages. Tmobile absolutely trounced all network providers in data speeds, high speed coverage and ping times. Coverage has been excellent. Verizon LTE is great when you can connect to it, easily besting all. But Tmobile high speed just seems to be everywhere for me. The no hit on the battery is also very welcome. I will be keeping Tmobile and dropping the others tomorrow.

I guess it depends on your location and needs, but Sprint data speeds are nowhere close to Tmobile. It is why I left Sprint. There was no Wimax coming to my area and Sprint/Verizon 3G speeds are generally under 1Kbps and much of the time half of that.

STL 314

May 13, 2011
Visit site

great ? I was wondering the same thing because I might switch to T mobile also ;)

STL 314

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Let me put it this way: The only thing faster than T-mobile is Verizon's LTE. And depending where you live, T-mobile is going to be faster.

I was just looking at the coverage maps and it looks like im right in the 3g area with T Mobile...so thats good are they expanding their 4g network a lot?

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
They are doing a pretty good job expanding their 3g network and where they are putting in the necessary equipment to be able to upgrade to "4g" pretty easily.

lfurlong

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I have tried both carriers in my area (Charleston, SC) and T-Mobile has much faster service versus Verizon. I have yet to find an area where I don't get excellent service with T-Mobile. On Verizon I was dropping to 1X a lot at home and at work. My T-Mobile phone has 3-4 bars of 4G in the same locations. We don't have LTE in our area and none of the reps could tell me when it was coming so I cancelled service within my 14 days. I am a very happy T-Mobile customer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non