How to Root the HTC Sensation?

mofiki

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I found these instructions for rooting the Sensation. I personally don't have one so not sure if it works or not. I have the site with the instructions in my top 5 android resources and trust them but tread lightly if you are worried about bricking your pretty phone.

Here are the Instructions:
How to Root HTC Sensation 4G | Android Advice & Tutorials

Please let me know if this works (or doesn't) so I can comment at Android Advice that Android Central has tested them :)

Reactions: Nate Rules

bob_thorp

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I am totally stuck. I tried rooting my sensation 4g wanting to install android revolution hd. I used revolutionary tool and successfully got s-off. I check n for not installing clockwork as per instructions. I dl proper cwm file to root of sd card. Phone would not recognize file and would not install it. I then decided instead to use htc supertool v 3. I got phone rooted and working fine. I installed 4ext recovery and then put rom for arhd firmware etc. on hd card. firmware said cid not match so now stuck in boot loop without clockwork recovery and can not find a way to fix this. At this point I would settle for going back to factory stock but still want ics if possible. I just want to use my phone again and have no idea on what to do now. I have read many instrucktions and threads and nothing is working for me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

my email is bob_thorp@ive.com if anyone can help me please

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer