Need Details of 2011 CES Samsung Google Nexus S Accessories Announcement

southgarcia

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I had a chance to play with the Nexus S for the first time at CES this year. (My local Best Buy has been sold out since the introduction.) At the show Samsung announced a line of accessories for the Nexus S which included a desktop multimedia cradle similar to the one available for the Vibrant. A brochure listing all the accessories was available at Nexus S display in the Samsung booth. I thought I grabbed a brochure but now can't find it.

Does anyone have the brochure and can they upload the details? More importantly, does anyone know when the accessories in the brochure will be available? I'm particularly interested in the cradle.

anndrewww

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Did you notice anything about a timeframe for release of these accessories? I don't know how much longer I can survive without a desktop dock.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I just want a good case. The Platinum case (really seidio innocase) at best buy is okay, but its too loose. I'm thinking of getting one and 'padding' the inside with electrical tape to make it fit better.

southgarcia

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Did you notice anything about a timeframe for release of these accessories? I don't know how much longer I can survive without a desktop dock.

Sorry, I didn't reach the Samsung area until the third day of the show and was a little punch-drunk. The brochure, like most for unreleased products, didn't mention a release date and I foolishly assumed that the accessories would already be available for a released phone.

Worse still, it's not unusual for manufacturers to never release products announced at CES. Remember the click on HTC HD2 car mount announced with great fanfare last year? Never released. HTC decided to go with a more traditional mount.

Well I've learned my lesson. Next time I'm holding some company's "Jesus" phone at a trade show, I'm going to quiz the representative on accessory availability.

racelike

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to ask about digital TV on smartphones. I think this sounds like most people don't need it or want it, or as if phones/smartphones with it are not so good.

But Samsung in Brazil made the Galaxy S with Digital TV and it's pretty cool and simple.

So, please, anyone heard of Samsung keeping this on their next generation of Galaxy S? And actually, I'm waiting for the specs of the Nexus S that will be available in Brazil until March.

But overall, I don't see Digital TV being demanded or even the brands offering it too much.

netninja

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a front and back Zagg invisible shield. Works incredibly well and gives the phone a bit more of a grip.

I also recently bought one of these bad boys to put my phone into if I should need a little more protection (like if I put my phone in my book bag when I'm at the gym or something). BLACK Neoprene Pouch Case for Samsung Google Nexus S I think it's pretty rad.

nice find with the neoprene case! How is the quality and how long did it take to ship? If your experience is a good one, I'm gonna get it too