Nexus S, Honeycomb, and the touch sensitive buttons.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Do you think google will actually just cancel out touch sensitive buttons all together or give you a choice when it comes to phones. I think having a home button on the screen and also a back and menu button would just take up app room, and not fit the screen very well. Other thoughts?

bclapper

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
It will be up to the manufacturer whether a phone has hard inputs. The android approach has always been to give manufacturers and consumers choices.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
No, what I am saying this with the NS it will feel "weird" having those buttons there but they would be unusable and just not needed.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Do you think google will actually just cancel out touch sensitive buttons all together or give you a choice when it comes to phones. I think having a home button on the screen and also a back and menu button would just take up app room, and not fit the screen very well. Other thoughts?

Nobody knows because we haven't seen the phone version yet.

sherifone

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I think Android phones could do with less haptic buttons. It totally gets in the way of gaming and ergonomics. 1 or 2 physical buttons to take you home/back would be sweet.