Nexus S with Bluetooth in a 2010 Prius

Zebedee#AC

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a Nexus S working for both handsfree phone calls and streaming music over bluetooth? Specifically in a 2010 Prius? I have phone working fine, but I can't figure out how to get the Nexus to be a music player for the car.

I'm trying really hard to switch from the iPhone to the Nexus S. Almost there - this is the one hurdle I have left. With the iPhone I just get in the car and Pandora starts playing over the speakers, and the phone is registered to send/receive calls via voice dialing over the car handsfree. I want the same with the Nexus.

Thank you.

nexusprius

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi, sorry for the blast from the past, but did you ever resolve this?

I can get the Nexus S working with handsfree phone calls, and I can get it working with streaming music over bluetooth. However, I can't get both on the same bluetooth profile (I stream music via bluetooth, but can still receive/make calls via bluetooth).

Thanks!

Rahabib

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
sorry. I have a 2010 Camry (no touch screen). The only thing I can think of is adding it as a bluetooth audio device, not just a phone. Thats what I had to do and it still works as my phone. I know the Prius has the touch screen so its probably not the same - so good luck :p

nexusprius

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice! I actually got it all working last night. It turns out that when connected as a phone, the audio streaming is available under "Aux". Before, I had always set it up under the Audio menu, at which point I lost the phone part. It's a learning curve...