USB problem, need Stock Recovery

KingBG

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I am in desperate need for a stock recovery.img for my LG-P509.
My stock android 2.2 was recognized by "LGMobile Support Tool" and updated to stock 2.2.2.
I rooted my phone with Gingerbreak, then i forgot to make a manual backup of my original recovery.img (thru a terminal emulator), then i installed a custom recovery (ClockworkMod 5.0.2.0 - Old BB), and then i did a full system backup.
Now my phone is no longer recognized thru usb by any computer so i can't run any computer based tools, I would want to flash an original firmware from LG thru the "LGMobile Support Tool" or "KDZ updater" (i already have an original "V10S_00.kdz" firmware from LG to restore everything), but the problem is i have no USB access.
I have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled the LG United Mobile Driver (USB Driver for Windows), LG Android Driver, LG USB WML Modem driver, LG SP Usb Driver Installed and LG Support Tool.
I've tried the different combinations of:
"USB Debugging" off, "Mass Storage Only" on with sd card
"USB Debugging" on, "Mass Storage Only" off without sd card
I did this on the win 7 machine that once recognized my phone, then i tried on another machine with win 7, then i tried on a fresh install of win 7 and none recognized the phone (about to try on a fresh xp instalation).
I tried "LGMDP-v1.5" and it also didn't recognize it.
The phone devices (either as a phone, lge modem or usb storage) do NOT show up on the device manager (either correctly installed or as a problem device).
The computers do not even make the usual peripheral sound when the phone gets pluggled in, but they do it with usb keys, mice, keyboards, etc.
The phone does recognize the usb connection because:
When plugged to the computer usb it starts charging and makes available the option "usb tethering" on the phone.
When plugged to an outlet with the same cable and a usb charger it starts charging but doesn't make available the option "usb tethering" (as expected).
I tried different cables and got the same result.
Tried reinstaling the USB hubs, tried rebooting with the phone plugged in, tried removing the WPD drivers (as per some threads online: wpdmtp.inf and .pnf)
I've installed different ROMS and been able to restore backups without issue; i feel like i've run out of options and hope that the original recovery.img gives an emergency option to be able to connect to a pc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, i've been at this non-stop for 2 days and going insanely frustrated.

KingBG

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I had checked and tried flashing the roms in that post already, but as they clearly state, those roms will not overwrite my current recovery. I've read in other places that all those custom recoveries are just GUIs or front-ends to the stock one (not sure how that would be completely accurate since some have considerable added functionality); i won't be able to flash a zip from recovery to overwrite the same "recovery program" that's executing the operation, but i can flash any .img from a terminal running on the phone. The whole point is trying to get the USB working so i can run any of the pc based flashers, i had assumed that changing the recovery was what broke it in the first place. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

Thomas E Kolakowski

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I have same exact problem. Ginger Break rooted phone. My phone no longer gives a USB data option, when connecting to a Windows 7 machine, only charging. Tried different cables, same result. Phone works, but can't get anything on or off. Does not import contacts or call log in my car either.