Samsung Galaxy S4 Yellow Triangle Issues (Repost)

AndroidUser1990

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
" A custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed applications.

If you want to download a custom OS, press the volume up key,

Otherwise, press the volume down key to cancel."

Is the message/notification I received yesterday morning after turning on my phone. I have absolutely no idea what happened and the reason behind it. That very same morning I had used my device with no problems checking out YouTube videos, went to sleep again, woke up to check on it again and this happened. I've been looking for all kinds of solutions and yet have found nothing useful or helpful at all. Some of the advice seems to be contradictory and inconsistent, at least in my personal opinion. An individual had made a post about a similar situation here in these forums and was simply met with one response telling him to take it for exchange, which is not very helpful IMO. Also, some of the solutions in regards to fixing older versions of Samsung Galaxy phones with the Yellow triangle issue I'm afraid don't apply here, as they had some level of accessibility. In my case, my phone continues display the same message written above, regardless of clicking the volume, power, and home buttons at the same time or simply just turning up/down the volume button alone. It's up to a point that you cannot even turn off the damn thing without it willing turning back on (displaying the same annoying message seen above) and I've had to take out the battery in order for it to stop doing so.

It's somewhat difficult to determine what exactly my phone is other than it's only a month old, of the T-Mobile brand and has a lot of Google affiliated apps and whatnot. I'm also a new Android user and this is my very first new touch phone and Samsung Galaxy product. This is very frustrating as I've been very cautious with my phone and was getting the gist of using it (finally). To make matters more complicated, I'm not in the USA but vacationing in Puerto Rico and won't return to my home state of Massachusetts until the 13th of August, and honestly, I don't want to spend such a long period without my phone, especially with necessity of needing to keep on track on personal information of mine. I'm residing in a somewhat rural part of the island and the closet municipality actually has a T-Mobile store, which is just a 20 minute drive from where I am. In case that some of you aren't able to help out with my problems, should I take it to the store down there or simply wait till I go back to the States and resolve it there?

Help would be much appreciated.

Deco2002

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I know this wont resolve the problem but if you would like to turn your galaxy s4 onin safe mode , you hold the up volume key whilst holding the ppwer button. When you turn it on in safe mpde you can delete any apps that could be causing your problem.

Last edited:

lalec

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
If it is booting into stock recovery without you trying to do that it seems defective to me.

Sent from my SGH-M919