Samsung Ultra S23 - notifications issues

halesowenmum

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi

In recent months and despite applying any/all software updates, I've got a problem with notifications (lack thereof or non-disappearing).

In WhatsApp I have icons for WhatsApp then several for specific individuals. I used to get a counter on the individual's name who had sent a message - now I only see the indication that there's a message waiting for me on the main WhatsApp icon.

In Google Chat there might be a message waiting for me, but I don't see it so I keep missing messages from a family member.

The other issue is that various activities that result in a confirmation message of some kind, these messages at the bottom of the screen used to just disappear - now they hang around, you can't left swipe them as they're not that kind of message, they just persist and when trying to tap out messages using the phone keyboard, they just get completely in the way. At some point they eventually disappear off the screen but they hang around for an inordinately long amount of time, getting right in the way of progress.

I cannot figure out what settings I need to change for either of the above scenarios - can anyone give me some tips on what to try?

halesowenmum

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi.

I have:
App notifications: turned on for all the apps needed
Short notifications: By priority
Lock screen notifications: Off
Notification pop-up style: Detailed.

Advanced settings
Show notification icons - All notifications
Floating notifications - Bubbles
Show app icon in notifications - off
Repeat notification alerts - none
App icon badges - number.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi

In recent months and despite applying any/all software updates, I've got a problem with notifications (lack thereof or non-disappearing).

In WhatsApp I have icons for WhatsApp then several for specific individuals. I used to get a counter on the individual's name who had sent a message - now I only see the indication that there's a message waiting for me on the main WhatsApp icon.

In Google Chat there might be a message waiting for me, but I don't see it so I keep missing messages from a family member.

The other issue is that various activities that result in a confirmation message of some kind, these messages at the bottom of the screen used to just disappear - now they hang around, you can't left swipe them as they're not that kind of message, they just persist and when trying to tap out messages using the phone keyboard, they just get completely in the way. At some point they eventually disappear off the screen but they hang around for an inordinately long amount of time, getting right in the way of progress.

I cannot figure out what settings I need to change for either of the above scenarios - can anyone give me some tips on what to try?
Are those notifications on the lock screen only?

The delayed message at the bottom go to settings>accessibility>advanced settings>time to take action is set to default

halesowenmum

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok so it feels like there there are less of the non-disappearing notifications but certainly, not all. Anything where I get a confirmation of doing something (anything which generates a notification to confirm the action I took) are the notifications that still keep hanging around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali