T-Mobile Galaxy S4: Pick up calls and auto hang up problem.

Mihir Bhatt

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i have a s4 and lately its been playing up, when i answer a call it immediately hangs up. I then have to call the person back.
I don't know what the problem is, i even googled it and couldn't find anything relevant. So i thought i write a thread on a forum.
Please can someone help me?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Pick up calls and auto hang up problem.

Hi, i have a s4 and lately its been playing up, when i answer a call it immediately hangs up. I then have to call the person back.
I don't know what the problem is, i even googled it and couldn't find anything relevant. So i thought i write a thread on a forum.
Please can someone help me?

Thanks

Welcome to Android Central :)
How are you answering the calls? Regular swipe to answer or are you using the "AirCall Accept" option?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

canadiancrab

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I am having this same issue.. its really killing me that anything to do with this issue, there are literally no responses to.. ANYWHERE on these forums..if anyone knows what on earth is going on- can you PLEASE help?? I have even posted a new thread and gotten NO REPlys..

Its quite annerving when one cannot even use their "smartphone" to do simple phone tasks!!! im here trying to consult with the experts...is anyone willing to help??

Plz....HELP!!

geoffropuff

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I am also having this issue. I have a Verizon Galaxy S4. I've noticed that when my phone rings, it'll have the stock android incoming call screen (black screen with blue bar at the top, and circular icon to drag to answer the phone. After I drag to answer, it doesn't pick up but instead opens the touchwiz incoming call screen. Once I answer from that screen, the phone waits until I say, "Hello" and then hangs up immediately.

Is this similar to other people's experiences? I don't really know how to go about looking for help since it's such a strange situation.

Diego Jim

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: T-Mobile Galaxy S4: Pick up calls and auto hang up problem. WORKAROUND

*android s4 problem, call ends call is hanged up after being answered*

Scenario
Any Call triggers a CIRCLE type input. After swiping to the right the call does not begin immediately, instead, it opens up a HORIZONTAL BAR type of swipe. Instinctively, you will try to swipe right a second time to answer your call.

This causes the call to be answered, remain open for about 3 seconds, then hangup.

Problem
There is a conflict overlap with the phonecall UI. By accepting the call in two different UI's, the calls is terminated shortly after being picked up.

WORKAROUND:
When receiving an incoming call, answer it normally with the CIRCLE-type input by swiping right.
If the Touchwiz horizontal type screen is shown, ignore it, do not interact with it.
The call will take around 3 seconds to begin, but once it does, all will be ok and the auto-hangup will not take place.

CAUSE:
Unknown. But started to happen since June/July 2014.

Fix/solution
Not determined yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress