Sidekick 4G Battery life issues (even with a brand new battery) Please help!!!

AndroidUser187

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I recently bought a Sidekick 4G (second hand) for what I'd like to think of as a reasonable price (?60 from Gumtree) and when I first got the phone I thought the problem was the battery that it came with had not been charged properly as it would only last for about an hour with constant use. So as anyone would I bought a brand new battery but I'm still only getting about an hour of use out of it, say playing games and watching videos on YouTube. I'm really quite unhappy and I'm thinking that there might not actually be a way of fixing it. I should mention I'm very sure it's charging to 100% very quickly (say in about 40-50 minutes ) and I have left it charging overnight from say from 12PM to like 9AM but that hasn't helped at all.

If I leave it on standby and not do anything the battery life doesn't go down, but I'm going to assume since the Sidekick is said to have like over 400 hours of standby power mine doesn't have anywhere near that either.

I really love the Sidekick and it's just so frustrating that the battery life is no where near as long as it should be even with the new battery which is I think 5 hours less talk time than it should have.

I hope you all can make sense of this and maybe let me know if I can get this fixed or if I'm gonna have to just straight up buy a new one.

Thanks in advance!!!