No Vibrant Support for HPSA+ 21Mpbs?

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
A comment in a CNET review posted by n0estoy mentioned that the Samsung Vibrant will not use HPSA+ 21Mpbs. Is this true? If so, I don't think I'll go with the Vibrant, even though I just came within a few mouse clicks of odering it from T-Mo. Very disappointing.

JLoTMO

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the Vibrant will work on HPSA+. If CNET is reporting otherwise, than it is mistaking. The benefit of T-Mobile's HSPA+ vs othe 4g or 3g networks is that HSPA+ is compatiable with all current and furture smartphones through the T-Mobile network, as well as most phone first devices.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Vibrant will work on HSPA+ but it wont be able to utilize its full potential. It and all other tmobile 3G phones will see a speed increase when HSPA+ rolls out, but it wont be able to reach 21Mbps speeds.

addictedtoblackberry

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
i dont think that it takes advantage of the full 21mbps, but i believe you benefit from faster speeds.

i think the first fully capable hspa+ supported phone is coming November (i think tmonews has mentioned it)

otto

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Almost no devices will get 21mbps. This speed is produced in a lab environment under ideal conditions. You will generally get about 75 -85% of the advertised max speed of any network. All mobile companies advertise the best speeds possible when touting capability but you can bet in the wild you won't be getting those speeds

otto

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
From T-Mobiles FAQ:

Samsung Vibrant -- An Early FAQ
[ Edited ]
Options

* Mark as New
* Bookmark
* Subscribe
* Subscribe to RSS Feed
* Highlight
* Print
* Email to a Friend
* Report Inappropriate Content

06-25-2010 01:47 PM - last edited on 06-28-2010 10:31 AM by Moderator Daryl

Thank you to everyone who played T-Mobile Clue (The New Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S Series Android Smartphone) and solved the puzzle. We are thrilled to offer the Samsung Vibrant, coming soon to T-Mobile.

We will have more details to share when the countdown on the T-Mobile Clue page reaches zero. But in the meantime, we wanted to answer a few of the most common questions we have received.

Hardware

* The Vibrant offers a 1GHz Samsung Hummingbird processor which is optimized for superior media viewing and game play.
* The Vibrant has a 4.0-inch Super AMOLED touch screen display that gives you a bright, vivid viewing experience.
* The Vibrant benefits from enhanced speeds with T-Mobile’s HSPA+ network, but it’s not an HSPA+ device.
* The Vibrant is one of the slimmest smartphones on the market. The dimensions are 4.82” x 2.54” x 0.39”; weighs 4.16 oz.
* The Vibrant’s 5 MP camera is equipped with digital zoom and autofocus. Comes with an HD video recorder too!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38