J15/J16 updates?

jdm4u

Samsungian
Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok well i recently purchased my Vibrant on Oct. 1st. Under firmware version it says 2.1 update 1, which it came with out the box. Now i read online that there were two updates, the J15 and recent J16. From what i've read so far people who have updated, their firmware version now says 2.1 update 1, like my phone. I was wondering how do i figure out if i have J15 or not? I know i dont have J16 and haven't even received a OTA update for it either. Would the updates show up on the last 3 letters of the baseband cuz on mine it says JFD which from what i read was the factory setting before the updates. Also, if it turns out im running the factory non-updated settings, how do i get the update? Are the OTA updates regional? Any help would be appreciated.

scottyhifi

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if the OTA update is affected because of the phone being rooted? I'd rather wait for the OTA for me and they wife, but will do keis update if I have to. I'm not in a rush. Just want to know if I'm waiting for nothing.

Thanks

anon(42522)

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I understand rooting no problem, lag fix you need to disable it before the update.
My wife's just updated 3 days after mine. We did not have rooted phones.

rms2005

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I personally never had issues with gps before the update, the only thing I am seeing in JI6 is it's sucking my battery dead in half the time it used to.