[QUESTIONS] Switching From Verizon to T-Mobile Prepaid

andoird213

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

So I just received my new, shiny Nexus 4 and am going to start using T-Mobile's $30 prepaid plan (the web exclusive one). I'm coming from Verizon, and have got some questions regarding number porting and what happens to accounts.

So here's my situation. I want to port a number from my plan on Verizon to T-Mobile, but then not have the Verizon account terminated, and change its number. In other words, I want to keep the Verizon account, but have the number that's currently on it ported over to T-Mobile.

Anyone know if this is doable?

Thanks!!

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't know. Your best bet would be to call Verizon before starting the port. If you don't get a customer service rep who knows what they're doing hang up and try again.

-M

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It should be doable. You'll likely have to reactivate your old phone on Verizon, as it will deactivate when the number ports over. Your account should stay open, however. Definitely talk to a Verizon rep to help avoid getting slapped with an ETF.

andoird213

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
To the OP: so did it work?

Partially. I was do for an upgrade anyway so there would've been no ETF, but I was told that I'd be allowed to transfer the number and then have them add a new one. Things didn't exactly play out that way, and I've been talking to someone at Verizon who's trying to help me get things sorted. It's looking optimistic though; looks like someone just screwed up

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non