LTE live in Honolulu!

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Using a S4 and have an iPhone 5. Both have been catching LTE in Ewa Beach, Kaneohe, Pearl City, Aiea, and around town. Normally I've been getting pretty fast 4G speeds prior...and again today it's slooooooooooooooow.

Really?

I am 2 stories underground surrounded by concrete here in Honolulu at work.
Latency kinda high but speeds still ok

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372188165047.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372188165047.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 29

jayar26

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
My LTE speeds aren't that fast on either device. The S4 gets faster speeds, but the iPhone is more consistent with connections/location services. AND this is in a pretty much open area. Usually getting between 12-14 Mbps down and 5-10 Mbps up. Sometimes I'll get a spike to 20 down (usually in Kaneohe/Pearl City areas)

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
My LTE speeds aren't that fast on either device. The S4 gets faster speeds, but the iPhone is more consistent with connections/location services. AND this is in a pretty much open area. Usually getting between 12-14 Mbps down and 5-10 Mbps up. Sometimes I'll get a spike to 20 down (usually in Kaneohe/Pearl City areas)

The fastest speeds are in waikiki, Moiliili and Kaimuki. I just saw lte in
Hawaii kai near hanauma bay
But it disappeared fast.
I think their still testing there.

This picture is speed at work near
Moiliili.
Pretty consistent even underground.
egu4ysuj.jpg

Last edited:

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The fastest speeds are in waikiki, Moiliili and Kaimuki. I just saw lte in
Hawaii kai near hanauma bay
But it disappeared fast.
I think their still testing there.

This picture is speed at work near
Moiliili.
Pretty consistent even underground.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/26/egu4ysuj.jpg

The only thing I couldn't or can't get is those upload speeds damn those are fast lol.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Victory LTE using Tapatalk 2

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I couldn't or can't get is those upload speeds damn those are fast lol.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Victory LTE using Tapatalk 2

Numbers are one thing. But as long as your overall internet,
Netflix,etc experience is good?
Your using 20GB of data a month?
That must be one hell of a connection you got there to get that high.
That's all that matters
mellimel

Sent from my Coconut Wireless HTC One

GeneralMC51

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
How does it stack up with Verizon's overall connectivity? I know they're the biggest on the block, but I'm thinking of hopping to T-Mo. Verizon's new "hahaha...you wanted to keep that unlimited?" policy frustrates me because awesome network + unlimited is why chose them vs staying with AT&T! Debating if making the switch is worth it or if I should just eat the cost of a full phone on VZW. Mostly live and work in urban HNL (Makiki, Waikiki and the surrounding areas)...can deal with slower outside of that, seeing how it's a pic upload at most. Curious to hear an Oahu subscriber opinion as everyone I know is AT&T or Verizon...

Thanks!

(Is it weird that I got excited seeing fellow Hawaii people on here?)

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
How does it stack up with Verizon's overall connectivity? I know they're the biggest on the block, but I'm thinking of hopping to T-Mo. Verizon's new "hahaha...you wanted to keep that unlimited?" policy frustrates me because awesome network + unlimited is why chose them vs staying with AT&T! Debating if making the switch is worth it or if I should just eat the cost of a full phone on VZW. Mostly live and work in urban HNL (Makiki, Waikiki and the surrounding areas)...can deal with slower outside of that, seeing how it's a pic upload at most. Curious to hear an Oahu subscriber opinion as everyone I know is AT&T or Verizon...

Thanks!

If your really happy with your overall experience with coverage /data speeds with Verizon?
I would say stick it out.
And pay full for your next phone.
Because this way you know what type of service you will be getting.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!

Waikiki and Kaimuki for me has really
Good speeds and signals. So far the Only place I seen weak signal drop was in the ala moana food court by patties Chinese kitchen.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I hate to jack your thread....BUT I HATE YOU ALL! This thread is making me wish I was in Honolulu! :p

PS. Great speeds!

How are AT&T speeds? A LTE test I did the other day beats my home Internet (comcast) lol. It's nuts... T-mobile is stepping up hard-core.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Got this test this morning.

Attachments

• 1374530469167.jpg
    1374530469167.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 17

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Got this test this morning.

I haven't done speed test in Hawaii for couple of days. So here's mine right now.
Peak hours after work I might add.
Funny thing is I got a San Francisco server?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374636055434.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374636055434.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 11

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I haven't done speed test in Hawaii for couple of days. So here's mine right now.
Peak hours after work I might add.
Funny thing is I got a San Francisco server?

Nice :). I did a test near peak times on the way home yesterday. Pretty much same results as you. Loving it :p.

Attachments

• 1374662909655.jpg
    1374662909655.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 10

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Nice :). I did a test near peak times on the way home yesterday. Pretty much same results as you. Loving it :p.

Hspa+ in Honolulu I had to force it on hehe just for testing.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374682333682.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374682333682.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 9

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
How are AT&T speeds? A LTE test I did the other day beats my home Internet (comcast) lol. It's nuts... T-mobile is stepping up hard-core.

Att speeds are wonderful! I have been to Boston. MA and Ohio with LTE! Both areas I was getting 30-40 meg down even during peak times. Glad to see you guys have great speeds too! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch