I now have tethering on the $70 prepaid plan

Sonny1967

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Are you seeing 4g or 4g LTE as the symbol?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Just 4g and the symbol The symbol is three horizontal curved lines above two arrows The first of the two arrows is pointed downward and the second pointed upward. There is no LTE anywhere that I can see

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Just 4g and the symbol The symbol is three horizontal curved lines above two arrows The first of the two arrows is pointed downward and the second pointed upward. There is no LTE anywhere that I can see

First, are you using a Metro pcs phone, or a tmobile phone? They are different.

Either way, data throttle is done via server side, what "G" signal you get does not matter".

@T-Mobile GN3

n9qzd

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Prepaid gets this as well as domestic data roaming. Although the roaming part does not seem to be fully working yet. I was in my favorite dead zone today and for a few min I was roaming on AT&T with data. Then got locked out to emergency calls only.

Posted via Android Central App

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Prepaid gets this as well as domestic data roaming. Although the roaming part does not seem to be fully working yet. I was in my favorite dead zone today and for a few min I was roaming on AT&T with data. Then got locked out to emergency calls only.

I believe the data roaming is limited to 100MB.

n9qzd

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Over Thanksgiving I was in AT&T territory and had EDGE data. Slow, and not much, but enough to scrape by for email and messages until you can get on wifi, or back in T-Mobile land. T-Mobile is just doing everything right lately.