Pre paid plan taxes

Tony Rizzo

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to T-Mobile. I have the $50 month post paid plan. The taxes and fees are around $12 ontopof the $50. Does anyone know if prepaid has the same taxes? When you refill every month does the set amount you pay include all taxes? Thanks.I find it a little confusing and T-Mobile couldn't answer my questions.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you pay taxes on prepaid. My $70 unlimited plan gets charged $76.04 and my $60 plan gets charged $65.17. Sounds like you plan has higher fees.

Phljjs

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
In my experience, if you have auto refill set up with T-Mobile and they bill your credit/ debit card or bank account, you get charged taxes/ fees.

If you purchase a prepaid refill card online or at Walmart, Target, gas station, etc, you are just charged the face value of the card and no taxes/ fees. That's what I do monthly. I buy a refill card from Callingmart and add it to my T-Mobile account.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I have experience with 4 different prepaids:

1. Virgin Mobile: If I manually added a refill card, no tax was charged. If I paid directly using a credit card, tax was applied.
  2. T-Mobile: I always kept a balance in the account, never an automatic refill. No tax was ever charged.
  3. Straight Talk: Manually adding a refill card, no tax. Paying directly with a credit card brought on an extra tax charge.
  4. Net10: So far I've only manually added refill cards, and no tax has been charged.