Sacramento LTE bands

stab244

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what bands T-Mobile uses in the Sacramento area for LTE? I can't seem to get LTE service but the OPO only has band 4 LTE and I'm not sure if sac uses band 2 instead.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Correct. Only b4 for now. B12 and b2 will be deployed soon

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
For band 2, by 'soon' do you mean eventually, or is there a refarm underway, bypassing the plans for UMTS 1900?

TMobile promised 50% deployment by end of this year, and mostly complete by middle of next year. Beyond that, I am not sure.

Point being, normally people keep their phones for 2 years, so this should be a consideration. If you only plan to keep the phone for 6 months then it wouldn't matter much.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
TMobile promised 50% deployment by end of this year, and mostly complete by middle of next year.

Dang it, I forgot. I remember you telling me this before.

Is a refarm from GSM to LTE much more expensive/time consuming, etc. than a refarm to UMTS? Or as long as you're refarming, it doesn't matter?

Also, are they planning to poach any of the 1900 spectrum that's been refarmed to HSPA+, or will the initial 1900 conversion be just GSM-LTE?

Last edited:

stab244

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
On their map it shows up as an lte area. Could it be that my SIM card doesn't support it? Mine is pretty old from back when I used a HTC touch pro 2. Read on xda that SIM card could be an issue.

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
On their map it shows up as an lte area. Could it be that my SIM card doesn't support it? Mine is pretty old from back when I used a HTC touch pro 2. Read on xda that SIM card could be an issue.

Posted via Android Central App

I would try a new sim

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Dang it, I forgot. I remember you telling me this before.

Is a refarm from GSM to LTE much more expensive/time consuming, etc. than a refarm to UMTS? Or as long as you're refarming, it doesn't matter?

Also, are they planning to poach any of the 1900 spectrum that's been refarmed to HSPA+, or will the initial 1900 conversion be just GSM-LTE?

They said 2g to 4GLTE. Didn't mention hspa+ to 4GLTE. Sooner or later I am sure they will, but they would probably want to leave hspa+ in play longer as when I test drove tmo, it dropped to 4g frequently at my home and work.

Not sure about the cost but at this time, it doesn't make sense to refarm to anything other than lte since everyone is moving to lte. They will probably keep a small amount for edge, for legacy devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress