Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    stab244's Avatar

    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

    Default Sacramento LTE bands

    Does anyone know what bands T-Mobile uses in the Sacramento area for LTE? I can't seem to get LTE service but the OPO only has band 4 LTE and I'm not sure if sac uses band 2 instead.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  2. #2  
    raino's Avatar

    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,668 Global Posts

    Default

    T-Mobile does not use band 2 for LTE. Only band 4 right now.
    SGH-T999v running stock 4.3
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Sacramento LTE bands

    Correct. Only b4 for now. B12 and b2 will be deployed soon

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  4. #4  
    raino's Avatar

    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,668 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sacramento LTE bands

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Correct. Only b4 for now. B12 and b2 will be deployed soon
    For band 2, by 'soon' do you mean eventually, or is there a refarm underway, bypassing the plans for UMTS 1900?
    SGH-T999v running stock 4.3
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Sacramento LTE bands

    Quote Originally Posted by raino View Post
    For band 2, by 'soon' do you mean eventually, or is there a refarm underway, bypassing the plans for UMTS 1900?
    TMobile promised 50% deployment by end of this year, and mostly complete by middle of next year. Beyond that, I am not sure.

    Point being, normally people keep their phones for 2 years, so this should be a consideration. If you only plan to keep the phone for 6 months then it wouldn't matter much.


    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    stab244's Avatar

    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sacramento LTE bands

    Hmmm. Strange how I don't have LTE then. Perhaps Davis is too far.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Sacramento LTE bands

    Quote Originally Posted by stab244 View Post
    Hmmm. Strange how I don't have LTE then. Perhaps Davis is too far.

    Posted via the Android Central App
    Try to contact tmobile to see if whee you are is an lte area.

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  8. #8  
    raino's Avatar

    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,668 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    TMobile promised 50% deployment by end of this year, and mostly complete by middle of next year.
    Dang it, I forgot. I remember you telling me this before.

    Is a refarm from GSM to LTE much more expensive/time consuming, etc. than a refarm to UMTS? Or as long as you're refarming, it doesn't matter?

    Also, are they planning to poach any of the 1900 spectrum that's been refarmed to HSPA+, or will the initial 1900 conversion be just GSM-LTE?
    Last edited by raino; 08-09-2014 at 03:53 PM.
    SGH-T999v running stock 4.3
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    stab244's Avatar

    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sacramento LTE bands

    On their map it shows up as an lte area. Could it be that my SIM card doesn't support it? Mine is pretty old from back when I used a HTC touch pro 2. Read on xda that SIM card could be an issue.

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Sacramento LTE bands

    Quote Originally Posted by stab244 View Post
    On their map it shows up as an lte area. Could it be that my SIM card doesn't support it? Mine is pretty old from back when I used a HTC touch pro 2. Read on xda that SIM card could be an issue.

    Posted via Android Central App
    I would try a new sim

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Sacramento LTE bands

    Quote Originally Posted by raino View Post
    Dang it, I forgot. I remember you telling me this before.

    Is a refarm from GSM to LTE much more expensive/time consuming, etc. than a refarm to UMTS? Or as long as you're refarming, it doesn't matter?

    Also, are they planning to poach any of the 1900 spectrum that's been refarmed to HSPA+, or will the initial 1900 conversion be just GSM-LTE?
    They said 2g to 4GLTE. Didn't mention hspa+ to 4GLTE. Sooner or later I am sure they will, but they would probably want to leave hspa+ in play longer as when I test drove tmo, it dropped to 4g frequently at my home and work.

    Not sure about the cost but at this time, it doesn't make sense to refarm to anything other than lte since everyone is moving to lte. They will probably keep a small amount for edge, for legacy devices.

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:
    raino 
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    stab244's Avatar

    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sacramento LTE bands

    Yup a new SIM worked. Yay. 25Mb/s down. Faster than my WiFi.

    Posted via the Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Sacramento LTE bands

    Nice, glad it worked out.

    Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

Similar Threads

  1. LTE calls straight to voicemail.
    By BecomingDeath13 in forum Sprint LG G2
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 04:42 PM
  2. Can this be used with T-Mobile US LTE?
    By alicenyc in forum Sony Xperia Z2
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 06:49 PM
  3. Turnig of the LTE
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2014, 06:52 PM
  4. help with ATT LTE
    By chantheman31 in forum Sony Xperia Z2
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-07-2014, 11:26 PM
  5. US Cellular: Motorola Moto G 4G LTE
    By Ry in forum Moto G (2013)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2014, 02:46 PM

Posting Permissions