Recommended phone for Tmobile

arukaen

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
hi everyone. Its been a while since i had an Android (LG G3) and was looking to switch from iPhone back to Android. Was wondering whats the best android currently available for tmobile?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Plenty! If you're after something with a big screen, you have the LG G4, the Galaxy Note 5 or S6 Edge+, or the upcoming V10, or even the new Nexus (although the latter aren't necessarily the top of the line when it comes to specs, especially in the camera department).

arukaen

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Plenty! If you're after something with a big screen, you have the LG G4, the Galaxy Note 5 or S6 Edge+, or the upcoming V10, or even the new Nexus (although the latter aren't necessarily the top of the line when it comes to specs, especially in the camera department).

Are the LGs still easy to root? I know Samsung is a pain cause of KNOX. So all those new Nexus' (5X & 6P) aren't that great?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, the Nexus line is never 'great'. It's neat, it has timely updates, they're fast, but hardware wise, they've never been the top of the top. And like I said, especially in the camera department (if that's important to you I'd go with either Note 5 or S6/S6 Edge/S6 Edge +) or the G4. As far as rooting, Knox will always be Knox, but I believe the G4 is easy to root. Can't be certain as I haven't dabbled in those things in ages, since most of the things I used to root for are already there to begin with (and because I now care more about the Warranty hehe).

TheDoctor 46

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Please read the reviews on the new Nexus 6p. Best Android phone available. Top of the line specs and camera.

Posted via the Android Central App

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Please read the reviews on the new Nexus 6p. Best Android phone available. Top of the line specs and camera.

Yeah, reviews are pretty darn good for this one. I'm holding on a few more months to see what the Snapdragon 820 phones offer us (those will have a more significant improvement)...but if I were buying one now, it would likely be the Nexus 6p.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My apologies, the 6p is the very notable exception (especially in the camera department). For my taste, though, it's a tad too big (and I'm using a Note 5). Reminds me of how awkward it felt to hold an original Note way back when... but I guess it's not that bad.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The answer is always Nexus, except when it's Miata. :)

The Nexus 6 is a great budget option, and still a nice (though large) phone. The 5X is a nice smaller device. Unless you need a spectacular camera, I'd stick with the 6 over the 6P.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
This time around I went with the Moto X Pure. My first Moto and I'm diggin it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Are VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling important features for you?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Likewise :). I am having Nexus 6P envy though.

I don't know...

I knew that I wanted to try an unlocked phone and something close to stock this time. The Moto has been whispering my name for a couple years...

From Moto maker right to the happy feeling I have while holding my new X... I'm satisfied to say the least.

The 6P looks like a really nice phone and probably would be my second choice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch