Disgruntled Customer drives her van through TMO store

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
People are pretty crazy. I would never be as mad to damage my car, the store, and also get charges brought against me for doing it simply due to some bad customer service lol. The trade off isn't worth.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I feel her pain. When I was with Sprint I got locked into a 2 year contract with promises of LTE by 2012 so I purchased the Evo 4glte. For 2 years of so called 3G .8 MB download speeds and no LTE in sight .Sprint would not let my etf cancel out no matter how many times I called them about their crappy service on Oahu. The phone was useless unless I was near a WiFi I could use. Looking back,I can't believe I went through that nightmare.Then an issue with the signal range extender(forgot what it was called) for my home aroused. That was the nail in the coffin for me to leave Sprint with 2 big middle finger salutes.

Last edited:

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I was reading on another site that she damaged her Iphone and needed a replacement.
They advised her she would need to pay for it, even though she had insurance.

I always assumed that most carrier insurance had deductibles. Of course, she'll need to pa y a lot more just to repair the damage.

https://consumerist.com/2017/01/13/...v-into-t-mobile-store-keeps-destroying-stuff/

On a side note, I have to side with John Legere......I felt Sprint's Twitter comments were tasteless.

Florida woman drives SUV into T-Mobile store, says she was having a 'bad day' - TmoNews

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Here's hoping that she gets a couple years in jail, gets her driver's license revoked and that after all the medical bills, restitution, lawyer fees, fines, and hopefully a civil lawsuit filed by the employee she assaulted, she ends up bankrupt.

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I feel her pain. When I was with Sprint I got locked into a 2 year contract with promises of LTE by 2012 so I purchased the Evo 4glte. For 2 years of so called 3G .8 MB download speeds and no LTE in sight . And Sprint would not let my etf cancel out no matter how many times I called them about their crappy service on Oahu. The phone was useless unless I was near a WiFi I could use. Looking back,I can't believe I went through that nightmare.Then an issue with the signal range extender(forgot what it was called) for my home aroused. That was the nail in the coffin for me to leave Sprint with 2 big middle finger salutes.

You just explained my exact same scenario. I am talking same phone,same year,same everything. I have been buying unlocked phones and prepaid ever since. Ef Sprint

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
On a side note, I have to side with John Legere......I felt Sprint's Twitter comments were tasteless.

I have to agree. Mostly, I don't have a lot of sympathy when t-mo is subject of jokes - they give as good as they get. But this really was NOT funny. And, yes, someone really could have been killed.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't really matter what happened... Lady's crazy. I bet you they asked for the deductible, which she objected to because she thought insurance paid for everything.... And she lost her stuff and went all Falling Down on them.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Interesting how Legere didn't say anything to the originator of the joke, Chelsea Handler.
Probably because she makes jokes for a living so it's expected. However it's not expected or classy for a CEO to joke about a criminal act that could easily happen in one of his own stores.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
So John is OK with her making such apparently unfunny jokes at the cost of his customers'/employees' safety, but not a (rival) CEO?
I have no idea. I don't know John personally but I'm guessing he's not happy about anyone joking about the situation. Zero impact in him calling out a comedian though. They make jokes about every situation. However calling out a rival CEO will certainly grab some attention, gain some positive press for T-Mobile and some more negative press for Sprint.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'd beet not. But, some comedians have no filter in that way. But, a CEO should know better.

If the issue really was safety, then any decent human being should know better, filter or not. If one (influential) person joking about it is called out, then all should be.

Fun fact: Chelsea Handler has had a business relationship with TMO in the past, during the Legere years.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
If the issue really was safety, then any decent human being should know better, filter or not. If one (influential) person joking about it is called out, then all should be.
Of course, any decent human being should know better. Lots of comedians think that they don't have to be decent because they are ARTISTS. Regardless, it's a much bigger problem when a CEO makes such comments, especially for the sake of putting down their competition.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed