ViperXL 3.2.0 Flash

suezeecue88

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
No need for a PC to flash. Have always been able to do it straight from Recovery. Now the Hboot 1.14 folks may have had to extract the boot.img before there were other tools, but there are other ways now besides pushing boot.img with fastboot.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Viper should install by flashing in recovery without fastboot flashing on any hboot.... Try to redownload it and reinstall... sounds like you may have had a bad download or just a bad flash. It's worked for me and a couple hundred other people so far, so keep tryin!

suezeecue88

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Bizzle: Are you running ViperXL 3.2.0 or 3.3? Thanks for your help. I noticed that the instructions for 3.3 say to "Make sure your that your HBOOT is 1.31 or greater"

suezeecue88

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried to flash again without flashing the boot img first. The message i get is: Checking model ID. Assert failed: getprop ("ro.product.device") -- "endeavoru getprop ("ro.build.product")--endeavoru getprop ("ro.product.board")-- endeavoru. I'm not sure what this means. My HTC One X is Evita not Endeavoru. It's the AT&T version.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
CWM is not designed for our phone... TWRP is, and it's better anyhow.

Some users that have flashed the unofficial CWM have soft bricked their devices on a few occasions trying to restore backups. They ended up flashing TWRP afterword.

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
CWM is not designed for our phone... TWRP is, and it's better anyhow.

Some users that have flashed the unofficial CWM have soft bricked their devices on a few occasions trying to restore backups. They ended up flashing TWRP afterword.

Haha I'd say so :) thanks.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
If you go to the XDA thread it says it in the OP, MANY TIMES haha... but do not fear, there is a viper rom for the international as well, just gotta look over at xda