Retrospective: ABSOLUTE WORST APP EVER MADE

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Back in early summer 2014, I was full-on reaping the benefits of root on my first Android device. Of course, like any sane geek, I wanted to find was to speed it up. CyanogenMod was at that moment no an option due to some noob difficulties trying to install a custom recovery. I was stuck on the Samsung Touchwiz stock Jelly Bean ROM, which had a nasty issue where the more apps you install it becomes significantly slower (luckily later on CyanogenMod got rid of that cursed issue). I had already been using root boosters for various things by Gejos Enterprises, but the benefit was hardly noticeable. So I stupidly looked at the Play Store for a fix. I came across "Android Tweaker 2". I, naively believed the description, didn't look at reviews and downloaded it. I mess with a few low level settings that it instructed me how to change and how said changes would affect performance. I hit the reboot button in the app, and the tablet rebooted just fine. Next I played with a few settings that didn't require a reboot. I even found a nice setting that, if I increased it, it made Subway Surfers run noticeably smoother (and vice versa). After messing with some more crap and rebooting, my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (also my first Android device) refused to boot. At first I thought maybe a factory reset would fix it, but no it didn't. I then did all the necessary Googling and after a few stupid attempts like trying to desperately flash AOKP with the stock recovery knowing it wouldn't work. Then I got so sick my parents didn't even let me out of bed, so I was stuck with a soft bricked tablet for 2 weeks. Once I got better, I unbricked it by making an account on SamMobile and downloading the firmware, then flashing said firmware onto my tablet. I then proceeded to (with my dad's Google Account if that matters LOL) leave a review explaining what happened and how I fixed it. Also, I noticed that there were alot of people claiming they were stuck after two uses of the app with an unbootable phone. Thankfully, when I checked several months later, it disappeared from Google Play. So yeah, this is the WORST Android app ever.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
One click root apps. Never did like them. You never knew exactly what they were doing. Also, because it was a script, you never really learned anything. Part of me is sad that they are gone and a part of me is ecstatic.

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
One click root apps. Never did like them. You never knew exactly what they were doing. Also, because it was a script, you never really learned anything. Part of me is sad that they are gone and a part of me is ecstatic.
The PC OneClickRoot program was how I safely and easily, for the cost of just $30, rooted my Galaxy Tab 2 back in the day. On the other hand, those rooting apps you mention are crap.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Same here.