Strange error with 1.85, can't root, unlock bootloader, or OTA update. Please help?

integralus

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Maybe someone here can help me. This is frustrating me...
I have a One X on 1.85 and nothing is working for me to root or unlock bootloader.
I did the OTA exploit for root that came out in July I think and I had root, but nothing was working. Couldn't unlock bootloader, couldn't get OTA JB update or any other update.
Thinking that it might help, I factory reset my phone. Now I'm in the same position as before but now no more root!
Any help would be appreciated. The all-in-one toolkit here http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-rogers-one-x-rooting-roms-hacks/246660-all-one-toolkit-one-xl-evita.html#post2636351 stops working at the xfactor exploit. When it tries to restore, the phone just immediately says Restore ending.. and the CID isn't 1111111.
All other exploits have problems moving busybox/su/etc over to the phone.
When I hit Check for updates, it just gives me a brief "Checking for updates" box but then disappears. Moving date does not help either.

integralus

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
That didn't help, but I did end up getting it fixed.
I re-downloaded superSU from the playstore and found out that I actually still had root! I then used a CID-spoofer to finally get my bootloader unlocked.
If anyone is/was in a similar predicament, I can give more detail. Otherwise, Cheers!

raajdesaii

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I am exactly in the same condition as you! I am using android 4.0.3, 1.85 build firmware. I can't root my at&t htc one x using the x-factor exploit as it fails and wont change my CID. When i try it to unlock from the htcdev website, it says the error 160 MID now allowed. Please help. Trying everything i could but its annoying now.

Beto FZ Rider

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
hello! im in the same problem as you, i just got rooted last week by manual method, but i cant unlock bootloader, can you tell me how you do to unlock your bootloader succefully? please! i will apreciate it! i hope you reply asap!:'(

Beto FZ Rider

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
That didn't help, but I did end up getting it fixed.
I re-downloaded superSU from the playstore and found out that I actually still had root! I then used a CID-spoofer to finally get my bootloader unlocked.
If anyone is/was in a similar predicament, I can give more detail. Otherwise, Cheers!

hello! im in the same problem as you, i just got rooted last week by manual method, but i cant unlock bootloader, can you tell me how you do to unlock your bootloader succefully? please! i will apreciate it! i hope you reply asap!