Incoming calls disrupt silent mode on my Note 3.

Jasmine Marin

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm having issues with my new note 3 where I'll use the stock silent button in the drop down nav then put my phone away and it will revert to normal sound when someone calls. This results in my phone ringing at inopportune moments while I'm working. It's happened too many times for it to be user error.
Additionally, twice now I've changed the time on my alarm and gone to sleep and the alarm had gone off at the previous time it was set to. I had a galaxy s2 so I know how to set the alarm. The keystrokes are identical. Again, if this had happened once, I would attribute it to user error but it did it again this morning. My sleep schedule changes daily and I need my phone to be able to keep up with me adjusting the alarm. I'm now worried it will go off too late one day and I'll miss work.
Also, I'll use the drop down menu to turn off Wi-Fi and it turns itself back on. This has happened at least twice today alone. I turned it off this morning when I left the house and when I was out driving, the icon appeared in my status bar to tell me there were nearby Wi-Fi networks. I turned it off again, and again later it was back on. This is another thing I've been doing on my s2 for 2 years, so I certainly know how to turn it off. This is not a user error issue.

Last edited:

aaronmoses

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Are you using any other sound monitoring apps? Such as Audio Manager?

I am using Audio Manager and have similar problems. It doesn't do it all the time, but I am able to recognize it when the normal drop down doesn't work so I have to go in to audio manager and change it. Also, clearing the memory will allow it to start working properly also. A little frustrating, but I like audio manager.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38