Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just had a software update on my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - It's not Kit Kat

Woke up to my phone rebooting and saw that it was installing a system update. Still on 4.3 though...anyone know what this update was for?

Posted via Android Central App

Default re: Just had a software update on my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - It's not Kit Kat

Hadn't heard of any current updates... I'm interested in hearing if anyone else has!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.
    Gary Scherler aka "CRUZR"
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7 - 2013 - 32 GB, Nexus 7 - 2012 - 16GB, Hisense Sero 7 Pro - 8GB + 32GB, iPhone 5, 4S, 4.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Same here. Note 3 was updating and completee. Says 4.3 and i see no changes. I thought 4.4 was suppose to be pushing.

Last edited by rz22g; 02-25-2014 at 07:50 AM.

Default re: Just had a software update on my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - It's not Kit Kat

Mine just did it. Just updated but didn't say what it was, except an update. ..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7 - 2013 - 32 GB, Nexus 7 - 2012 - 16GB, Hisense Sero 7 Pro - 8GB + 32GB, iPhone 5, 4S, 4.

Same here, unfortunately. I wonder if AT&T is updating to be compatible with the 4.4 roll out? rz22g, where did you get the "pushing" info?

Was 38.47MB for the update.

I prefer to have a choice about updating to 4.4.2 myself. I have yet to update my 2 Nexus 7 ' s cause of the (potential) problems and lack of fixes for them. My ph almost works perfectly and prefer to wait till all the fixes are out for the update. That is assuming we will get the same type of problems that other Note 3 folks have gotten when updating to 4.4.2.
    Wish we would always receive something telling us what these updates are actually doing...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

Me to. Just looked and it updated. Don't know what it was though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

Actually I think it updated itself. Pulled out of pocket and it said update completed

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

I'm not sure what this update was for, but I am sure I lost root. This sucks, my fault though for not freezing updates. Hopefully the Kingo root method will still work but I haven't heard for sure.

Very weird... I wonder if AT&T was just fixing a few things they found but trying to keep it hush hush ha.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

I think it was just getting our phones ready for kit kat.

It added Google drive on my phone which wasn't there prior to the update.

So other than adding Google Drive, nobody has seen an actual difference? Like previously stated, it's most likely a prep for KitKat.

I was hoping it was a fix for the broken GPS, but if not, hopefully it is a prep for KitKat and they'll fix it then. I love this phone, but the GPS software bugs are pissing me off.

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

Wish someone actually could tell us what it was.

Same here just finished mine..

I have a new icon tab with a flash light icon and other stuff.. hmmmm.

Shows ram recent and alarm along with flashlight icons..

****. Never mind. It was from a app update. Sorry...

Sonnydigs likes this.

Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by BizzyB View Post
    I was hoping it was a fix for the broken GPS, but if not, hopefully it is a prep for KitKat and they'll fix it then. I love this phone, but the GPS software bugs are pissing me off.
    Off topic but what GPS bugs are you seeing?
    I just used my new AT&T GN3 on a recent business trip in SoCal and it worked fine

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

I just updated my phone. I hope 4.4 is coming out soon.

Updating mine now

Mine updated this morning around 8A Central. I poked around a little and didn't see anything different. Hopefully you guys are right and it's in preparation for KK.

I think its kind of crappy that they don't let you know what's being installed on your phone!!!!!!

Update Interrupted, Try again in 24 hours...LOL! Updated my time ahead 24hrs, still says interrupted, try again in 24 hours. Oh well, guess I'll just hang out.
    Last edited by H3aTeRzz; 02-25-2014 at 09:38 PM.
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

If I've helped you, hit the THANKS button!

Note 3 AT&T
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast