AT&T Note 3: screen won't unlock with sd card in.

FatesHandler1

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
If I have my sd card inserted my phone screen will not come back on once it locks. Touch works it's just blacked out..Also when it boots up has a pad lock with the word custom under it...

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

kentuc794

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: screen won't unlock with sd card in.

Mine boots with the padlock cause I am rooted with Kingo. I would try and format your SD card and see if that fixes it or try a different card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

FatesHandler1

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site

Yea i seen post about rooted phones doing it but I'm not rooted...I got a ton of pics on it my phone just shows that it's checking card errors can't see it in storage..and when my screen times out home/power/volume buttons do not nothing...it's like the phone is unlocking and working the screen just won't come back on unless I restart or pull battery? Got the phone a week ago and it just started doing it this morning

JMusick1701#CB

May 31, 2011
Visit site
So I just had this problem last week. My phone would show as rooted when it wasn't , I had to format the sd card again and everything went away.

Baugherb

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Yea i seen post about rooted phones doing it but I'm not rooted...I got a ton of pics on it my phone just shows that it's checking card errors can't see it in storage..and when my screen times out home/power/volume buttons do not nothing...it's like the phone is unlocking and working the screen just won't come back on unless I restart or pull battery? Got the phone a week ago and it just started doing it this morning

My note 3 was junk from the day I got it. Then became 10x worse once I put in a sd card. Warrantied it and haven't had a problem in 5 months. Might be the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87