Stuck at System Lock Screen because screen is cracked/unresponsive on part of Pattern Unlock

pinkman13

Mar 18, 2023
Visit site
My Galaxy Note 8's screen is cracked and now unresponsive in certain parts of the screen, including where I do my pattern unlock.

I made the mistake of rebooting the phone and now it is stuck on the system lock screen, for which I can't draw my pattern anymore.

I tried multiple times until I had 4 tries remaining before it does the factory reset.

I tried to unlock through my Samsung Account but it is unable to locate the phone.

I'll pay for a screen replacement if I have to, but do I have any other options?

I ordered a USB OTG cable to see if I can use a mouse to click and drag the pattern, but from what I've read online I'm not sure if a mouse works at the system lock screen.

I have some unbacked-up data including in my Secure Folder.

EDIT: The S-PEN stylus worked! I was able to draw the pattern with it. Huge thanks to D Piddy, it never occurred to me to try the stylus.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you able to use your S Pen to draw the pattern? The S Pen uses different technology than the touchscreen digitizer, so it might work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter