Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T KitKat for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Report Issues and Problems Here

Ok, I will go first.

Updated my Note 3 to KitKat this morning. I use Google Hangouts as my main messaging app and noticed that all the pretty Google emoticons or emoji previously available on the keyboard are gone. Anyone know how to bring them back?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-30-2014 at 06:11 PM.

Default re: AT&T KitKat for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Report Issues and Problems Here

Not worth going for. Can't sync my email account, none off the call recorder applications work.I miss you jelly bean

Posted via Android Central App

Default re: AT&T KitKat for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Report Issues and Problems Here

Quote Originally Posted by BlueOrbit View Post
    Ok, I will go first.

Updated my Note 3 to KitKat this morning. I use Google Hangouts as my main messaging app and noticed that all the pretty Google emoticons or emoji previously available on the keyboard are gone. Anyone know how to bring them back?
    Have you conformed in the settings what keyboard is enabled.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3
    Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1>>Galaxy Note 3
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts

Ok the important question. Free tethering still work with Foxfi un your unlimited plan?

Default Re: AT&T KitKat - report issues and problems here

Quote Originally Posted by SIDHARTH SOOD View Post
    Not worth going for. Can't sync my email account, none off the call recorder applications work.I miss you jelly bean
    If you provided more information, instead of spamming multiple threads with "Not worth going for", we might be able to help you figure out why you're having problems when most people are pleased with the update.

What's your email client, and which call recorder apps don't work? Do they give errors, do they force-stop, or do they just not do anything? Do the apps purport to be compatible with 4.4.2? If so, does rebooting help? Factory reset? Has your phone ever been rooted, or had a custom ROM?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Ok the important question. Free tethering still work with Foxfi un your unlimited plan?
    Unfortunately not.
    Last edited by Gary02468; 03-28-2014 at 05:47 AM.

Updated my Note 3 a few hours ago. I can no longer lock my phone. I have it set to a pattern lock and to lock immediately after the screen turns off or the power button is pressed. I previously had no issues with this. I tried restarting, setting it to a different lock setting, like using a pin. It locks the first time after a restart, after that, if I hit the power button, it just goes back to the screen I was on previous to hitting the power button. Any suggestions besides a full reset?

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Lagunes View Post
    Updated my Note 3 a few hours ago. I can no longer lock my phone. I have it set to a pattern lock and to lock immediately after the screen turns off or the power button is pressed. I previously had no issues with this. I tried restarting, setting it to a different lock setting, like using a pin. It locks the first time after a restart, after that, if I hit the power button, it just goes back to the screen I was on previous to hitting the power button. Any suggestions besides a full reset?

While phone is on...pull the battery. Then restart. Worth a try...other than that...A reset is in my opinion the only other option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

If I've helped you, hit the THANKS button!

Note 3 AT&T

Hmm. Had mine on recharge overnight and it did _not_ ask for a password this morning. That is not good.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk.

Mine says OS is 4.3

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk.

If it says 4.3, then apparently it was interrupted by something and did not complete. You'll have to try again after a reboot.
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

If I've helped you, hit the THANKS button!

Note 3 AT&T

My 4g LE signal cuts out intermittently

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

My 4g LTE signal cuts out intermittently

Signal loss issue

for those whom have already updated to 4.4.2 Is the battery life having the same issues as other carriers note 3? I assume it is i got the OTA this morning but i havent installed it yet

Quote Originally Posted by aandrew610 View Post
    for those whom have already updated to 4.4.2 Is the battery life having the same issues as other carriers note 3?
    I haven't had any problems. My battery life seems the same as before: 1-2% per hour drain when the phone is idle (with LTE, WiFi, GPS, BT, NFC turned on, Power-Save mode turned off). With moderate use, the battery easily lasts all day and charges overnight.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

I've come to the realization that it is almost a requirement to hard reset any Android device after an update. That usually fixes most issues that are not widespread. I've done it with every OS update that I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by aandrew610 View Post
    for those whom have already updated to 4.4.2 Is the battery life having the same issues as other carriers note 3? I assume it is i got the OTA this morning but i havent installed it yet
    Somewhat but then I noticed that Lookout as being a serious battery hog (32%) so I turned it off. Will check on it later. No other complaints really but I want to see how the pre-update wifi issue is doing.
    Connie L "Go BIG or Go Home"

Quote Originally Posted by mmohn01 View Post
    I've come to the realization that it is almost a requirement to hard reset any Android device after an update. That usually fixes most issues that are not widespread. I've done it with every OS update that I can remember.
    You mean factory reset? I never do that unless I'm having problems after an update, which I seldom do. So far, no problems here with OTA 4.4.2.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrick View Post
    Have you conformed in the settings what keyboard is enabled.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3
    Yes, I had to to into settings and select a Google keyboard (vs. Samsung) and all is good again. Thanks!
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

I noticed that my home WiFi disconnects for the duration of voice calls, then re-connects within 30 seconds after I hang up. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there a way to keep WiFi connected during voice calls?

I thought that KitKat would fix this, but after updating to KitKat, I am still experiencing the same issue.

(I posed this in another thread, but posting here again, since this remains an issue in KitKat)
    vegastriguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueOrbit View Post
    I noticed that my home WiFi disconnects for the duration of voice calls, then re-connects within 30 seconds after I hang up. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there a way to keep WiFi connected during voice calls?
    I've never had that problem on my N3, and I just confirmed that my WiFi remains connected and functional while a voice call is in progress under KitKat (NC2).
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by Gary02468 View Post
    I've never had that problem on my N3, and I just confirmed that my WiFi remains connected and functional while a voice call is in progress under KitKat (NC2).
    Could you tell us what settings you have in the WiFi Advanced options? Mine are currently set as default and are as follows

AT&T KitKat for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Report Issues and Problems Here-2014-03-28-14.53.02.jpg

The update was supposed to give camera access from the lock screen, but I don't see it. Anybody know how to get it?

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SIDHARTH SOOD View Post

I was having the same issue with my corp email but just had to refresh in the settings. I'm assuming sync gets turn off automatically once you update to kitkat.

Quote Originally Posted by SirDerp View Post
    The update was supposed to give camera access from the lock screen, but I don't see it. Anybody know how to get it?
    The icon just appears at the lower right corner of the lock screen (but not if password protection is engaged).
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast