AT&T KitKat for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Report Issues and Problems Here

BlueOrbit

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I will go first.

Updated my Note 3 to KitKat this morning. I use Google Hangouts as my main messaging app and noticed that all the pretty Google emoticons or emoji previously available on the keyboard are gone. Anyone know how to bring them back?

Last edited by a moderator:

SIDHARTH SOOD

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
re: AT&T KitKat for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Report Issues and Problems Here

Not worth going for. Can't sync my email account, none off the call recorder applications work.I miss you jelly bean

Posted via Android Central App

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Ok, I will go first.

Updated my Note 3 to KitKat this morning. I use Google Hangouts as my main messaging app and noticed that all the pretty Google emoticons or emoji previously available on the keyboard are gone. Anyone know how to bring them back?

Have you conformed in the settings what keyboard is enabled.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

Guru

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

Ok the important question. Free tethering still work with Foxfi un your unlimited plan?

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: AT&T KitKat - report issues and problems here

Not worth going for. Can't sync my email account, none off the call recorder applications work.I miss you jelly bean

If you provided more information, instead of spamming multiple threads with "Not worth going for", we might be able to help you figure out why you're having problems when most people are pleased with the update.

What's your email client, and which call recorder apps don't work? Do they give errors, do they force-stop, or do they just not do anything? Do the apps purport to be compatible with 4.4.2? If so, does rebooting help? Factory reset? Has your phone ever been rooted, or had a custom ROM?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok the important question. Free tethering still work with Foxfi un your unlimited plan?

Unfortunately not.

Last edited:

Angel Lagunes

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

Updated my Note 3 a few hours ago. I can no longer lock my phone. I have it set to a pattern lock and to lock immediately after the screen turns off or the power button is pressed. I previously had no issues with this. I tried restarting, setting it to a different lock setting, like using a pin. It locks the first time after a restart, after that, if I hit the power button, it just goes back to the screen I was on previous to hitting the power button. Any suggestions besides a full reset?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Updated my Note 3 a few hours ago. I can no longer lock my phone. I have it set to a pattern lock and to lock immediately after the screen turns off or the power button is pressed. I previously had no issues with this. I tried restarting, setting it to a different lock setting, like using a pin. It locks the first time after a restart, after that, if I hit the power button, it just goes back to the screen I was on previous to hitting the power button. Any suggestions besides a full reset?

While phone is on...pull the battery. Then restart. Worth a try...other than that...A reset is in my opinion the only other option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

Hmm. Had mine on recharge overnight and it did _not_ ask for a password this morning. That is not good.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk.

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

Mine says OS is 4.3

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

If it says 4.3, then apparently it was interrupted by something and did not complete. You'll have to try again after a reboot.

eman619

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

My 4g LE signal cuts out intermittently

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

eman619

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

My 4g LTE signal cuts out intermittently

eman619

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

Signal loss issue

aandrew610

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

for those whom have already updated to 4.4.2 Is the battery life having the same issues as other carriers note 3? I assume it is i got the OTA this morning but i havent installed it yet

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

for those whom have already updated to 4.4.2 Is the battery life having the same issues as other carriers note 3?

I haven't had any problems. My battery life seems the same as before: 1-2% per hour drain when the phone is idle (with LTE, WiFi, GPS, BT, NFC turned on, Power-Save mode turned off). With moderate use, the battery easily lasts all day and charges overnight.

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

I've come to the realization that it is almost a requirement to hard reset any Android device after an update. That usually fixes most issues that are not widespread. I've done it with every OS update that I can remember.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

for those whom have already updated to 4.4.2 Is the battery life having the same issues as other carriers note 3? I assume it is i got the OTA this morning but i havent installed it yet

Somewhat but then I noticed that Lookout as being a serious battery hog (32%) so I turned it off. Will check on it later. No other complaints really but I want to see how the pre-update wifi issue is doing.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

I've come to the realization that it is almost a requirement to hard reset any Android device after an update. That usually fixes most issues that are not widespread. I've done it with every OS update that I can remember.

You mean factory reset? I never do that unless I'm having problems after an update, which I seldom do. So far, no problems here with OTA 4.4.2.

BlueOrbit

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

Have you conformed in the settings what keyboard is enabled.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

Yes, I had to to into settings and select a Google keyboard (vs. Samsung) and all is good again. Thanks!

BlueOrbit

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

I noticed that my home WiFi disconnects for the duration of voice calls, then re-connects within 30 seconds after I hang up. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there a way to keep WiFi connected during voice calls?

I thought that KitKat would fix this, but after updating to KitKat, I am still experiencing the same issue.

(I posed this in another thread, but posting here again, since this remains an issue in KitKat)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs