Menu button flashing?

Szifresh

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
My wife's menu button keeps flashing intermittently and randomly launching Google search or whatever the menu function is at that point of app or screen. Any ideas how to fix? Also it happened after safe mode came on. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
My wife's menu button keeps flashing intermittently and randomly launching Google search or whatever the menu function is at that point of app or screen. Any ideas how to fix? Also it happened after safe mode came on. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Maybe remove the battery for a few minutes and see if that helps..

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried a factory reset? Any new apps installed that could be causing the issue? I would look at the apps before you do a factory reset IMO.

cynnamin

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Mine is doing the exact same thing. I have my phone sitting in a bag of rice.to see if its a moisture problem... but I.took my battery outas well and it.did.nothing. im open to other suggestions.

Jasonsc1

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I had this same problem recently. My problem was a little different S-Finder kept popping up OVER & OVER. It almost drove me Crazy. My phone was almost unusable. I am rooted so I froze S-finder with Rom Toolbox. After that every menu kept popping up in apps, browser etc. I believe it is moisture related. My problem started one night, I was running in the rain on the phone. The phone got wet but not soaked. I also took my battery out & set it in a bag of rice for about 12hrs, I had to work the next day. While I was at work the problem continued & then after about 4-6 hours it just quit & completely stopped. That made me believe it was moisture related. On the other hand I also installed about 15 game apps I was interested in the same night it got a lil wet. I figured I would try each one & the ones I didnt like I would uninstall. During that 4-6 hour period I uninstalled all 15 game apps, rebooted & almost immediately the menu key problem stopped. That made me believe it was an app causing it since it was still doing it after I got it out of the rice the next morning. Either way I feel 100% Moisture or an App could cause this problem. If you want to know if your Note 3 has been affected by moisture, open the back cover, remove the battery & stylus. Remove the 12 screws. & look at the 4-5 moisture pads to see if they are red. Hope this helps. Jason

Alberta Wilmer

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I was walking in the rain last night when my menu button started flashing and I agree it is most likely moisture in the phone. I have my sitting in rice. I hope that fix it.:-\